+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Hartman - Group 4

hmcgroin

Ashley's pictures

Ashley is a good friend of mine, and I can tell you that I think she is the "sleeper" you have been waiting for. Her pictures don't do her justice--she definitely doesn't have wrinkles, although she can appear older than her seventeen years. She has a beautiful voice, and on top of it all, she is very humble. She is so modest that I have only heard her sing once in the two years I have known her, despite having been asked to sing many times in my presence. Believe me, if you guys are serious about voting for the best, most deserving talent, you will be ringing in off the hook for Ashley.

Hi hmcgroin, thanks for letting us know about Ashley.

I was thinking someone in this group has to be the sleeper, no one else has shown themselves to be yet.
    Sounds as though she could be this years Kelly Clarkson.

I hope she does well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Those could be California sun wrinkles. We get those out here, ya know. lol. There seems to be a sizeable anti-Blonde contingency following this show this year. I've heard of an alleged campaign in support of Julie over Kimberly, for example, and the comments being tossed around were downright brutal. Perhaps Ash's advantage is her relative lack of exposure so far.
    J-Mac the Bearded Bard

Some of the comments regarding Kim have been very bad.
    I know a lot of it stems from her performance on Popstars 2 where she basically just gave up as she couldn't hack the dancing portion of the auditions, yet still made it through to the next round.
    This isn't her fault obviously, the judges decided to keep her in at the expense of others who had completed the dancing which I believe was unfair.

I alos think her camera hogging antics in her heat made some people dislike her even more.

Kelly Clarkson was featured much (if at all) in the audition stages, but came on very strong in her heat.
    Ashley might be this years "dark horse".
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    hey hmc thanx for the post! thats kewl that ash is ur friend. she doesnt really look 17

I saw her on the today show yesterday and that was the exact impression that I got.... she was very sweet, humble, and almost even seemed a little shy.... I'm rooting for her! She didn't seem at all the ditsy blond that I was expecting *hangs head in shame judging people before I know anything about them*
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

oh.... it's breaking my damn heart seeing her cry! I like her! She is so sweet... I didn't love the performance though, and I am afraid they were right... someone that is good should learn from her though, and say OK when they critique
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    She may not have been great tonite but if I have to pick one girl tonite then she is it.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

She's pretty and she looks like she has good taste in clothes, look at those shoes! But she just seems so sweet, like her voice and everything. I kinda like her, but I kinda don't. Hmmm.... I hope she goes on though.

Sleeping with George W
    I disagree with the judges about her "Marilyn Monroe" vibe. To me she's more of a Faith Hill/Dolly Parton blend. If she could get with a good vocal coach and get exposure in Nashville, I think she could do really well. But at this point and at her young age, she's just not "American Idol" yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast