+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Group 3 Show Discussion

JR.
    Well, add me to the list of "blahs". If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick, I'll go with Vanessa, Rickey (except for the yodel at the end), and Kimberly.

I liked Vanessa & the one who sang the Michael Bolton tune (forgot which one he was lol..) also the asian guy who went on as Number 2.

I would just like to say that it's brave or foolish to pick a judge's (especially Simon's) favorite tune to sing... lol ....

Other than that, yeah....I really wish Clay had been in this round, but I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the wildcards..I hope so!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I just want you to know that I am not trying to say that Simon was right in any way by telling Vanessa that she needed to lose weight, and I really *do* like her the best out of this group.... BUT... I think that he mentioned it to her for a couple of reasons... first of all, the outfit that she chose to wear was *REALLY* unflattering.... and Kimberly chose to wear black... it just seemed less OUT there with her... *and* I think that he genuinely thinks that Vanessa has a better chance... he was giving her compliments, said that she had a good voice, nice look, great personality... it's a fact that our society does tend to be a bit mean... I think that he was trying to tell her something that she was going to have to hear from someone sooner or later.... *ducks and hides from everyone*
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

OH! BUT... I do think that he should have mentioned it to her OFF OF THE AIR if at all! loll..... I dont think that she needed to be told that on national television...
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Originally posted by Amanda
    Wasn't anyone shocked by George Trice's performance? I thought his voice was amazing....I've been thinking about how the whole publicity thing can really play a part in the voting process. These people who we've never heard of, like George, Jordan, Samantha, Hadas, etc. until the actual Group show, could have had better shots at making it if the American Idol editors had included more footage of them. Just look at what publicity did for Julia DeMano. Yes, she has a decent voice, but would America have voted for her if she had been one those contestants we just couldn't remember???

Oh Yeah- can we vote more than once?
    You can vote as many times as you like.
    It'll be free as long as you're using a land line.
    I liked George too.

I also agree with your point about people that have been seen a lot before the final 32 stage getting through because the audience remembers them.

The obvious exception to this rule is Kelly Clarkson, but I also think that the likes of Jim Verraros got through because of his "story" that had been shown a lot in the audition phase.

I definitely think Jim Verraros and AJ Gil got through on the "sympathy vote"...

Yep, I think Jim was sympathy and AJ was a mixture of that and the teenage vote.
    "That's Numberwang!"

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gizmo82
    BUT... I think that he mentioned it to her for a couple of reasons... first of all, the outfit that she chose to wear was *REALLY* unflattering.... and Kimberly chose to wear black... it just seemed less OUT there with her...
    I don't know - Kimberly's belly was bare and as mean as it sounds - I just kept focusing on it during her performance!

Neither of their outfits were very flattering, but I don't think that it was right for Simon to say something to one person and not the other.

For the record - I agree that Vanessa's clothing choice was ugly. Ugh - leopard! But, I still voted for her!

So, Vanessa, Rickey, and Equoia were top 3, and V&R made it.

Yep, Rickey bagged the most votes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast