+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I were a contestant, I would...

If I were a contestant, I would...

I hope this is OK. Husband and I always banter on about "well, I would audition with _____" or, "I can't stand how many people sing ____" "Can't they be more origional" etc.. I know they have a list of songs to choose from once they make it to Hollywood.. But I also know the list is Hundreds of songs! And if they wanted to do something badly enough that was not on the list, it could be possible for AI to get the rights to use it.. Plus, when you first audition you can do anything you want.

I was thinking it would be fun to post what we would sing each week, if we were on the show... Especially in the upcoming Theme weeks.

If I had auditioned: I would have sung the Arnold Mcculler version of Freebird. I would definately use a week to do "Into the West" By Annie Lennox. That's one of my dreams. To someday have the guts to sing that song publicly.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I always think of songs I would have sung! Or I try to think of what I would have chosen for theme nights.

For example, if I were on AI back in Season 3, for Elton John night I would have done "Philadelphia Freedom". If the AI arrangers didn't butcher it, I could see it being a real crowd pleaser (plus, you'd probably get every vote in the Philly area too )

fun thread. I'll try to remember more of my ideas and post them.

Would'nt it be cool if they had a Cole Porter week. I dunno if I could choose! So many great choices.. "Begin the Beguine" or "In the Still of the Night" are both in my range.. But "So in Love" could be a show stopper in the right hands.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

If I were a contestant, I would audition with Black Eyed Peas - My Humps!

"My Hump! My Hump! My Hump! My Hump! "

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Sarah McLaughlin - Angel

If i could sing , which i can`t , i`d probably choose a song by Al Jarreau.
    He has a melodic and jazzy repertoir.
    Melodic but at he same time with a vocal range , to show the talent.
    At the same time Al Jarreau`s songs are not so known that they are like a cliché.

Nothing worse than another Maria Carey , Whitney Houston , or Celine Dion song butchered into a "Beauty Pageant Performance".
    Whats next , clogging ?

Yo Flo whip me up a bagel vanillakraut's Avatar
    Tell Paula to SHUT UP!
    Snootchie Bootchies.

Use a Carole King/Gerry Goffin song. The songs are great and her original vocals are fairly easy to beat. Same for Carly Simon... fairly easy to beat on the high notes.

If I were a contestant on AI, that would be a sure sign that I had lost all my braincells and need to be commited. Especially since I can't sing to save my life.

But seriously, I'd sing something by Paula in the first round. That should get me through to Hollywood, 'cause no matter how bad I was I would be loads better than Paula. Later I could wing it till they kicked me off... which means I'd only have to bother learning half of a Celine Dion song. Probably something appropriate like "I drove all night" (to get home from Hollywood).
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

How about Feelings? It's been a few decades since anyone's done that one! (I'm kidding! I'm kidding!)

To anyone here who's old enough to remember The Gong Show: Did anyone ever see the episode on which every contestant sang Feelings? It was horrid -- and hilarious. Anyway, the idea of theme nights always reminds me of that. (Yeah, yeah -- I'm twisted!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast