+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

You are all very clever people (assuming you are not from PR/advertising/media backgrounds). My dad has been in PR/Radio/Television for over 45 years and my husband is in advertising/sales& marketing. I learned a lot about the tricks of the trade over the years and it makes me laugh when I watch and listen to the way AI tries to manipulate the viewers. While it works on a lot of impressionable people (mostly the younger generations), I also see how a lot of people are not so easily duped. It's so interesting to read people's opinions and theories and while we don't know what is necessarily 100% true or false, we can say with 100% certainty that something is going on most of the time. If you're interested in another theory about Taylor "supposedly" being in the middle group last week, see my post in the thread about that website I can't mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by gagi View Post
    How is Taylor not following the rules? TPTB wouldn't allow him to bend them.

I think people are panicking because Taylor is a force to be reckoned with. *sigh* I might get tickets to the tour just to seem him.
    If he wins, I'm going. I don't know if I can sit through all of the solos that Chris will have if he wins. I mean he really, really grates my nerves! LOL

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    He's totally becoming a caricature of himself, which is strange and sad. That usually happens once someone is a faded star and they try to recapture something that made them famous, but they are too old and no longer look or sound good doing it. In Taylor's case he NEVER looked good doing those moves. His body is just....wrong. His vocals are on the lower end of average. He is on the exact same level as Rhonetta, but I personally found her much funnier and much more entertaining.
    There's not even a smiliey on the FORT that could express the shock of that statement. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever would I have put Rhonetta and Taylor is the same sentence
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    There's not even a smiliey on the FORT that could express the shock of that statement. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever would I have put Rhonetta and Taylor is the same sentence
    I'm assuming "Rhonetta" is the woman they showed when they were singing, "Killer Queen." I would have completely forgotten about her otherwise. She isn't the first (or the last) disrespectful, narcissicistic (whether feigned or real) person I've seen in my day. Quite the opposite of Taylor, I must agree.

Taylor was back last night with avengence. He was "himself". He had FUN. And I loved it. He's difficult to critique as he is so very different. I'm not sure that AI will "let" him win. But he will be at the top and will be successfull regardless of his standing. He has a definite and solid fan base. His voice is great whether it's funky or slow. He has passion and is very consistent with both is image and his song choice styles.

That more than I can say about one or two other contestants.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought Taylor was great on 'Something' as well . . . but, I'm curious. A couple of weeks ago I saw the producer Nigel on the Fox Reality Channels 'Idol Extra' show. He was lamenting the fact that they cannot get permission to do any Beatles songs or Prince songs on the show. So, all of a sudden, here is Taylor singing a Beatles song, and Paris singing a Prince song! I was really surprised (pleasantly surprised). Anyone know if all of a sudden they granted permission.

And, I just don't understand all these folks who think Taylor didn't follow the rules. If the song was on a Billboard top ten chart, how is it not following the rules?

PP
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Caramel, we do know how Taylor would sound on a CD, he's already recorded one or two, and he sounds much more deliciously soulful on them, with several great songs that he wrote himself. His songs are basically pop soul. And his rendition of "Georgia," written by Hoagy Carmichel, is spectacular. Taylor has not had the chance to show half of his singing talent on AI.
    His last CD is called "Under the Radar" and you can find out more about it by Googling it. Now will he sound as good once Clive's record company gets ahold of his talent? I dunno.
    Amen to that!! Give him one chance to perform Hell of a Day and the contest would be OVER!! Man, I love that song. I dare anyone to listen to that and then convince me that Taylor has no ability or soul.

(song is on the aforementioned CD - link was posted somewhere early on in this thread!)

Taylor's cd's are great. His singing Georgia was sooo good, his voice just shines on that song.

Taylors first performance was really a wakeup call after a dreary boring first half of the show.
    And the Beatles song was an interesting choice.
    ....how he put the "Taylor Vibe" in it.

He didn`t even have to stretch his voice towards the end , it was already good at lowkey.
    But i guess you have to give your voice a "workout" on every song , even if it`s not necessary.
    Otherwise the wrath of the "oooh yeaahh man" Randy will hit you.

And next week is Elvis week.
    I`ve been writing it weeks ago , Taylor & Elvis.
    Maybe we get to hear "Kentucky Rain" after all.
    I hope Taylor chooses songs by the older and more mature Elvis.

I am.....getting the hang of Taylor.
    He is an original.

Here it is Friday and I still have Taylor's two songs from Tuesday playing in head over and over again. That was so much fun to watch and hear.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM