+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 272 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd View Post
    I agree it should be Taylor's to lose! I mean, if he did "Walking in Memphis" or "Georgia" or anything from Bob Seger, wouldn't the contest be over?? I still feel he hasn't used any of his money songs.

Isn't Elvis week coming up? Can you imagine "You Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog," "Can't Help Falling in Love," "Kentucky Rain" or "Suspicious Minds??"
    I enjoyed both of Taylor's performances last night vocally and I was entertained. When I heard that next week was an Elvis theme - I thought of Taylor....he has the look of Elvis to me and his vocals will be terrific. Great job Taylor!

FORT Fanatic

Taylor Taylor

I agree - he was the best last night. He was the only one who did awesome on both songs. He proved he was versatile. That he can rock the house and then later that he can just stand there and sing with heart and soul.

I think I'm falling in love.

Taylor was brilliant with the two very different songs.

Gang, I heard that Randy mentioned everyone else except Taylor on Craig’s talk show, so I’m convinced he’s playing down his appreciation of Taylor on AI. There is NO way that Randy didn’t adore the “Funky Music” performance. I think the producers are concerned that Taylor is running away with the contest and have asked Randy and Paula to tone down their praise. Paula looked like she was going to explode, just demurely saying Taylor was “tender” on “Imagine.” And Randy looked weird just saying he wanted a Beatles night--out of character for him when someone sings a song very well, as Taylor did with "Imagine."

Even Simon’s complaints sound suspect to me. Simon has been obsessed for years with getting unique talents on the show. Taylor is still unique after all these weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Taylor was brilliant with the two very different songs.

Gang, I heard that Randy mentioned everyone else except Taylor on Craig’s talk show, so I’m convinced he’s playing down his appreciation of Taylor on AI. There is NO way that Randy didn’t adore the “Funky Music” performance. I think the producers are concerned that Taylor is running away with the contest and have asked Randy and Paula to tone down their praise. Paula looked like she was going to explode, just demurely saying Taylor was “tender” on “Imagine.” And Randy looked weird just saying he wanted a Beatles night--out of character for him when someone sings a song very well, as Taylor did with "Imagine."

Even Simon’s complaints sound suspect to me. Simon has been obsessed for years with getting unique talents on the show. Taylor is still unique after all these weeks.
    I agree. Taylor was awesome last night.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    Problem is AS USUAL..those songs were not on the list! Every other contestant is following the rules why not him?
    How is Taylor not following the rules? TPTB wouldn't allow him to bend them.

I think people are panicking because Taylor is a force to be reckoned with. *sigh* I might get tickets to the tour just to seem him.

FORT Newbie
    Wooooozzzzzzaaaaaaa! I've been listening to the stream of Something non-stop! Can hardly wait for his solo CD's. Just ordered one of the CD's he recorded before AI.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I thought "Something" was absolutely incredible!! His rendition was very moving and stirring! Listening to it with your eyes closed is even more impressive!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought "Something" was absolutely incredible!! His rendition was very moving and stirring! Listening to it with your eyes closed is even more impressive!!!

Yes, you're right. And even Simon said that he can sing. I didn't quite get Randy though. He really didn't give a comment about that song. It was strange.

I was wishing I wasn't using my Tivo for two sitcoms on another station. I would have loved to have recorded Taylor last night. He was great.

FORT Newbie
    In response to someone questioning if it was fair for Taylor to sing Something, it's from the Beatles 1 album which is currently #6 on Billboard's Top Pop Catalog Chart.

Like Simon said, clever. But follows the rules.
    Last edited by Ski-U-Mah; 05-03-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    Problem is AS USUAL..those songs were not on the list! Every other contestant is following the rules why not him?
    I think "Something" was on some sort of top 10 list or the producers would have, again, made him switch songs. You know what? The producers can bend all kind of rules just like last week when they made him change his song 2 days before the competition.

What's fair is fair. This is fair, top 10 is top 10.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM