+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Wooooo!! Sooooul Patrollllll!!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Something I read on another website from a music coach on Taylor's song change, the song "Once Again".

Waller: Another song that wouldn't pass anyone's whistle test. And that relatively straightforward vocal performance didn't do him any favors. The only way to make such a thin piece of material work is to rip it to soulful shreds, and — toward the end — we got a little glimpse of that. Very little.

FORT Fogey
    Novelty, novelty, novelty!!! Oh man, if anyone was "born" to be a wedding singer, it's Taylor Hicks!!! I imagine if everyone was buzzed at a celebration, he would be quite entertaining. He would give more power to the dads that want to cut loose, but it begins and ends there. Enough of the soul patrol! It's turning American Idol into a joke. I say, stop.. just stop... stop now... please!

As I mentioned in another thread, I would attend a Taylor Hicks concert any day even though I have a soft spot for Elliott. Taylor would be entertaining from beginning to end...SOUL PATROL, clap, WHOOOO! Ha.

Taylor was the only contestant to show us two different sides tonight - the party side and the romantic side. Everyone else's two songs were too similar. Also, Taylor's rendition of "Something" was gorgeous. I don't think he'll be available for wedding bookings for quite awhile.
    Sing & dance the night away!

So right, OSB! I loved both of Taylor's performances tonight. The Wild Cherry song was total fun (and I never cease to be amazed how he can run around like that and not seem even slightly winded!). LURVED his "get down" ending too!
    "Something" was awesome. Glad Simon finally had to give him props for how good his voice is, but I think he was even better than any of them acknowledged. I've replayed everyone's songs 3 times, and the ones that get better each time IMO are Elliott's "Home," Katharine's "Black Horse & Cherry Tree," Chris's "Renegade," and both of Taylor's songs -- especially "Something." He is SO NOT karaoke, so NOT "lounge singer." His phrasing and the way he modulates the melody lines or individual notes ever so subtly is superb. He doesn't have to totally rewrite the melody or do melismatic show-off runs to "make a song his own." I like "Something" sung by The Beatles, but I LOVE Taylor's version!

As for the people who are not fans, who cares? What counts in entertainment is how many people love you and how much. The worst the "haters" can do is NOT buy your CDs and NOT go to your concerts. And that's no more than they could do if they just sort of liked you.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I thought Taylor was absolutely in a class all his own last night! He is not only a fabulous singer, but he can outperform the rest ANY day. Thought he blew everyone else away last night. He sounded good, and he was again so fun to watch. He loves music, and knows how to get into the thythm. Best of luck, Taylor Hicks! Keep performing like that - heart and soul.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fanatic
    While I enjoyed Taylor's songs last night, I can't say I was blown away. I felt his prancing around on the first song was a major detraction to his singing.

The second song was good, I didn't like the arrangement and Taylor is not the kind of guy who can pull off love songs seriously 10 minutes after prancing like a turkey

Taylor was great last night! He can play the funky music, then bring it down for a slow dance. Definitely the one to beat!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup View Post
    While I enjoyed Taylor's songs last night, I can't say I was blown away. I felt his prancing around on the first song was a major detraction to his singing.

The second song was good, I didn't like the arrangement and Taylor is not the kind of guy who can pull off love songs seriously 10 minutes after prancing like a turkey

I thought Taylor was awesome last night! Yea, he danced around during the first song, but that wasn't the kind of song where you could just stand still and sing it. Chris pranced around during his song and screamed it. I'd rather see dancing and singing myself, and Taylor has it all.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM