+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 272 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Kellie was a personality too, just not the greatest singer! Ace , Bucky and Mendesa all filled a role! The more diverse the better entertainment value. They can reach a much wider audience of all types, genre's and shapes of people.

The ultimate goal is to crown an Idol but the secondary role and why we get to see it on tv....is for viewers and ADVERTISING Dollars . The more viewers the more $...why do you thnik they had the bucks to sign Randy, Simon and Paula to multi-year contracts. They are making ALOT of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    The ultimate goal is to crown an Idol but the secondary role and why we get to see it on tv....is for viewers and ADVERTISING Dollars.
    "Secondary?"

I mean no disrespect, Cally. But Simon Fuller is on record that the show is first and foremost a reality TV show and one that spawns lots of spin off merchandising and that the continuing music careers of the Idols is not their focus.
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 04-30-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD View Post
    "Secondary?"

I mean no disrespect, Cally. But Simon Fuller is on record that the show is first and foremost a reality TV show and one that spawns lots of spin off merchandising and that the continuing music careers of the Idols is not their focus.

laugh at me if you must but...the basic concept of the show is a reality singing contest! Many of the "characters" are chosen for drama and entertainment value. Many other sang as well but did not have the colorful personality they were looking for as well.

If Taylor doesn't win, it's okay but I want to at least make it to the finals.

Having said that, VOTE FOR TAYLOR!!

I want Taylor to win this! And I will be voting!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

laugh at me if you must but...the basic concept of the show is a reality singing contest! Many of the "characters" are chosen for drama and entertainment value. Many other sang as well but did not have the colorful personality they were looking for as well.
    Cally, the way I read it, Sandy wasn't laughing at you, she was laughing at the idea that 19E's interest in being a moneymaking behemoth is "secondary" to their ostensible "search for the next pop star."

As she said, the big guy behind the show, Simon Fuller, has come right out and put that illusion to rest.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Cally, the way I read it, Sandy wasn't laughing at you, she was laughing at the idea that 19E's interest in being a moneymaking behemoth is "secondary" to their ostensible "search for the next pop star."

As she said, the big guy behind the show, Simon Fuller, has come right out and put that illusion to rest.

Well, I'm sure they would like the winner to also be someone worth risking that money for a recording contract so singing plays a HUGE part in the concept.

Well, I'm sure they would like the winner to also be someone worth risking that money for a recording contract so singing plays a HUGE part in the concept.
    I would think popularity would be more important. If American votes overwhelmingly for a mediocre singer (which I think has happened in the past), the studio can go to work and maybe fix up the singing a bit.

And since enjoyment of singing is so subjective, they have to have a wide variety of styles to choose from, yes?

AI doesn't become a real singing contest until the final 5 contestants. In almost all the past seasons, the rest of the singers have been good to mediocore, not considered potential winners.

Don't forget, Taylor fans...to Vote, Vote Vote tonight!!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM