+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

This is why I like Taylor best, and have all season. He is not your "cookie cutter" mold of everyone else. He is different. He has his own style..own voice. This gives him the edge.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I wanted Bo to win last year because he was different, he wasn't your cookie cutter Idol. He didn't get the job, so now I'm pinning my hopes on Taylor, that he can break through and we can finally have a winner who's awesome and soulful and not at all what TPTB want in an American Idol.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be nice if for once they would just let America decide, even if America's choice doesn't agree with Simon?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    They made change his song , now I understand why he didn't sing that well.

Next week, Taylor will have to improve, if he doesn't, I feel that he won't be in the finals. Top 4, maybe Elliott will surpass him.

I said this somewhere else, but I think it is telling that David Foster called him the most charismatic and that he got lost in Taylor while he was singing. Then next thing you hear TPTB make him change his song. Why? Because it was Chris who needed to have the best performance and not Taylor. To a degree at this point it all gets somewhat political and it is disgusting. But still, Taylor is the only one left who has not been in the bottom - just like Carrie last year.

Quote Originally Posted by scsi commando View Post
    Just like Chris cannot rock every song, Taylor can't just twitch his way to every song.

At least he's not a robot - like some I could name.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    I said this somewhere else, but I think it is telling that David Foster called him the most charismatic and that he got lost in Taylor while he was singing. Then next thing you hear TPTB make him change his song. Why? Because it was Chris who needed to have the best performance and not Taylor. To a degree at this point it all gets somewhat political and it is disgusting. But still, Taylor is the only one left who has not been in the bottom - just like Carrie last year.
    Yeah, I agree that they were pimping Chris, he was in the bottom 3 the previous week. Is that the reason they made Taylor change his song? Hmmmm............

I thought it was weird they didn't have a bottom 3 this past week, usually they do when there are 6 contestants left.

Very interesting article in the Birmingham News on Taylor.

Here are excerpts:

“We always knew that he would probably be a force to be reckoned with,” said Warwick, who first encountered Hicks during this season’s auditions in Las Vegas

“As soon as he walked in the room, he had a very distinctive voice,” Warwick said. “He had a very good voice. He had a very distinctive look. He was slightly older, which we know the public kind of likes. So there was no discussion as to whether we thought he would do well - not only his voice, but his own peculiar, unique way of performance.”

Read the rest of the article here:

http://www.al.com/music/birminghamne...180.xml&coll=2

As I've said before, AI likes Taylor, they just don't want him to run away with the contest before they've had chance to hold a contest.

Thanks, Pillbeam! I'd love to see Taylor just let loose this week - he really needs to, if for no other reason, to vent. I read elsewhere that one of his friends mentioned Taylor being down lately and he's decided this week he's throwing a "Taylor Concert", and letting destiny do its part.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Poor Taylor...I bet he is going through regrets that he ever got into this stupid thing...but then, he knows that the more exposure he gets, the better.

We've got a lot of love for you, Taylor. Be strong. It's almost over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, stay strong Taylor, only 5 more weeks of the competition left!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM