+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 272 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    From last season, I remember a few people mentioning that 19E gets first dibs on giving each contestant a contract. So, whenever one of the Top 10/12 gets eliminated, 19E can decide if they want to either contract them or release them to get a contract on their own.

At least that's what I heard someone say last season.
    If that's the case, I'm sure they've already drawn a vial of blood from Taylor, just based on the sheer volume of his message board fans.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I know that Taylor has been compared to Ray Charles because of his mannerisms but a friend of mine, who's so much more musical savvy than I am, said, "He looks more like Michael McDonald, from Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers, than Ray!"

It took me a while to find a photo without a beard, but I think my friend was pretty accurate! Now, if he can just sound like him....

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Great! Just great! I had to come home from shopping to find out THIS news?!!!!?? I thought that the 19E(vil) only got their mits on the winner and possibly the runner up. It's sad news you share, pillbeam, but I'd rather know than be unaware. But don't worry, I won't shoot the messenger.

WHY would he have to shut down his website? Wasn't Constantine's open during the entire show?
    That's a good question. I remember Ruben and others keeping their Web sites throughout the process. I think it's an ominous sign that 19E is trying to get its tentacles out sooner on these folks. In addition, in the past, everybody in the Top 10 had to give 19E an option to record for a year after the season finale.

Actually, the discussion may be moot. Given how popular Taylor is on the message boards and how talented he his, he could win or come in second. From past years, they already have winners who are two blond divas (one pop-rock (Kelly) and one pop-country (Carrie), a male rhythm-and-blues singer (Ruben) and a female funk-gospel inspired vocalist (Fantasia). For a change, the producers might like to have a blues-folk-Southern-Rock-Michael McDonald-channeling singer. 19E and Clive Davis probably do not want the winners to come from the exact same genre.

[Edit: I just saw your post before mine, Lambikins. I knew I couldn't be the only one to see the Michael McDonald likeness (in sound and looks).]

Taylor Hicks couldn't be a pimple on Ray Charles' OR Michael McDonald's butt.

Wow, this guy seems like a popular topic of conversation.

I haven't been able to watch any of AI, so I've yet to hear the guy sing. I've seen his bio on the AI web site... is he really 29? He looks much older with the premature gray hair. Anyway I'm reserving judgment until I watch and listen to him next week (now that I FINALLY have TV access back).

In four years of watching Idol, I've never made the effort to download a single song of any contestant, even the ones I loved.

That's changed.

I got emailed this link from my Music Maven, for TWO of Taylor's songs, and they are now on my hard-drive. It's FREE-FREE-FREE and his two songs are a breath of fresh air, in regards to what's out there now.

http://www.waynemillsband.com/alabam..._downloads.htm

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    In four years of watching Idol, I've never made the effort to download a single song of any contestant, even the ones I loved.

That's changed.

I got emailed this link from my Music Maven, for TWO of Taylor's songs, and they are now on my hard-drive. It's FREE-FREE-FREE and his two songs are a breath of fresh air, in regards to what's out there now.

http://www.waynemillsband.com/alabam..._downloads.htm
    Have you heard the other two songs available on the net? The link is on the previous page. The third song on that site is "Hell Of A Day", same as one of the two you have but in mp3 format. All of them sound great.

Now this is a switch, even my teenage sons like it when I play Taylor's songs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    Now this is a switch, even my teenage sons like it when I play Taylor's songs!
    I always like hearing when a contestant "crosses over" and the whole family can enjoy them: Mom/Dad/ & kidlets!

pillbeam: I'm never the one that can post musical links, because I lack ALL technical knowledge in enjoying music. But a friend of mine who is the secretary for a booking agent for Park West, a huge musical theatre in Chicago, emails me 6-7 times a day with "Check out what I found out about ____!" I rely heavily on friends HERE and in RL to teach me things so I can appreciate music more. As I get more info from her, I'll attach links.

Listening to Taylor's two songs, I no longer even care if he gets to the Top 12. This show alone, and all the interest in Taylor, has been enough to raise him into public view, so he's already "won", and so have we!

I'll pass on the MP3 link to my ipod friends, Remus Lupin. They'll appreciate being able to download it! Thanks.

Taylor and Chris are the only ones I care to watch this season. My kind of music, as Dinahann said. I don't think Taylor has a prayer of winning, but I would buy his CD.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM