+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 272 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

lambi...

On the idolonfox boards, he has over 140 pages. I am feeling that he will make it to the top 12, and far beyond. Nobody else has yet achieved that kind of support on either board.

Go Taylor!!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    lambi...

On the idolonfox boards, he has over 140 pages. I am feeling that he will make it to the top 12, and far beyond. Nobody else has yet achieved that kind of support on either board.

Go Taylor!!
    Go Taylor, is right!!! From the moment I laid eyes on Taylor, he stood out. Everything about the man is memorable: his looks, his 'tics', his quirky personality. And you could tell by the judges bemused expressions that his entrance to the Judging Hall was for the most part, appreciated.

You can't keep the good ones down. I love him but doubt he'll win IDOL, but that's okay. It will keep him out of the hands of #19 and he can use the support he gained on IDOL to further his career. I appreciate everyone's links to further info about Taylor.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    You can't keep the good ones down. I love [Taylor] but doubt he'll win IDOL, but that's okay. It will keep him out of the hands of #19 and he can use the support he gained on IDOL to further his career. I appreciate everyone's links to further info about Taylor.
    Once Taylor enters the Top 10, which he will with no problem, he'll be in the recording clutches of 19E for quite a while. He's not even in the Top 10 yet and his Web site is out of service, probably due to his contractual obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I really do not like this guy. I hate the way he sings, the way he sounds, and he looks like some sort of perv.
    How in the world does he look "like some sort of perv"?

Go Taylor, is right!!! From the moment I laid eyes on Taylor, he stood out.
    So true. And for me, from the moment my ears heard his voice. During his first audition, I couldn't stop myself from smiling because I enjoyed just that little bit so much. I hope he makes the Top 10 and higher because I'm not ready to stop listening yet!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe View Post
    Taylor is definitely love or hate, just judging by the comments from my coworkers. I love him right now and am excited to see how he will handle the different genres. I do think he has enough fans already to make it to Top 12, so we can see what he brings to the table.

Hi Babe.

Now why am I not surprised that we like the same soulful performer from Birmingham Ala. this year?

Anyway, after hearing Taylor's version of Cat Stevens's "The First Cut is the Deepest" on American Idol, it seems he can do straight pop very well, including using softer notes for effect, which few AI contestants have managed in the past. Also, during his first audition, he let out a delicious power note on the first song--I think to demonstrate his versatility. So far, he appears to have very good pitch. I have no doubt he can handle the different songs thrown at him.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I like that song a lot too!

Anyone else who is interested can listen to it and 2 other songs here - >
    http://www.wbhm.org/Tapestry/bands/TaylorHicks.html
    Thanks for the link!

Wow! Jazz and soul music isn't usually my thing but I really really like all three of his songs. I could see myself buying his album if all the songs are like these.

I'm sorta glad I can't vote, being in Canada. There are too many that I like this year - would be too hard to choose a favourite. I'll just hope for everyone to do their absolute best and may the cream rise to the top.

I love Taylor and I think he'll go far but I don't think he'll make top 2. He's got a love him or hate him style and eventually the haters will overpower those who really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Once Taylor enters the Top 10, which he will with no problem, he'll be in the recording clutches of 19E for quite a while. He's not even in the Top 10 yet and his Web site is out of service, probably due to his contractual obligations.
    Great! Just great! I had to come home from shopping to find out THIS news?!!!!?? I thought that the 19E(vil) only got their mits on the winner and possibly the runner up. It's sad news you share, pillbeam, but I'd rather know than be unaware. But don't worry, I won't shoot the messenger.

WHY would he have to shut down his website? Wasn't Constantine's open during the entire show?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Lex
    From last season, I remember a few people mentioning that 19E gets first dibs on giving each contestant a contract. So, whenever one of the Top 10/12 gets eliminated, 19E can decide if they want to either contract them or release them to get a contract on their own.

At least that's what I heard someone say last season.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM