+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 272 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    The reason why Simon discredits Taylor is because it's pretty easy to see that Taylor is a novelty. It's fun at first, but there is virtually no chance of a lasting career. He just isn't very good. I know music is in his soul, but he doesn't have the talent to back it up. Simon realizes that if Taylor wins, then it will also be the demise of American Idol.
    I just can't agree with this assessment at all. I thoroughly enjoy watching Taylor & I sometimes feel like he is on the verge of explosion what with trying to hold back to much. I find no novelty aspect to Taylor at all. What you see is someone that truly loves what he is doing & it shows. Taylor & Kat are the only 2 remaining that interest me enough to even consider buying their albums.

Taylor reminds me of Huey Lewis. Their voices are a lot alike. Huey has appeared in other venues besides signing (acting for one) and Taylor could also. Huey Lewis and the News have been around a long time, too, as I think Taylor will be. Taylor could benefit more by not winning as he and his band could go and sign wherever they wanted and not be bound by a producer who clearly doesn't like him.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Taylor has recorded a terrific album, "Under the Radar," which showcases his seriously soulful roots. Taylor is a gifted singer with the charisma to be a star.

I find that several other contestants, on the other hand, are the "novelties." : Chris: faux rocker with the watch chain; Kellie (I Don't Know Nuthin) Pickler, and Ace, the Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake wannabe.
    When did he record "Under the Radar"? Was he signed at a time? Did the album flop? Since I haven't heard it yet, all I can go on is his voice on the show and sometimes/half the time, it just isn't very good. As I have previously stated, I do believe that music is his soul and passion, but his vocal cords and body just don't seem to want to cooperate

I totally DISAGREE. Taylor can outsing anyone on that stage. He has been the least "pitchy" of anyone there. At least he hasn't sang off-key..
    I can't say that for any of the other remaining contestants.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    No, realistically Taylor has had just one great performance which was "Takin it to the streets", the others have just been drunkin' Dad performances.

Well, if he's just had one great performance, then the rest of those performing have been lower than average, ..cause every one of Taylor's performances have been better than average.

I think Taylor has sounded great on Trouble and Crazy Little Thing and Levon too. And he has never sounded bad to me. I love his voice.

Wouldn't you love to see Tay in a tux tonight? Not everyone is going to love Taylor the way the majority of us in this thread do. To each her/his own!

So, who do you like, Pharoah? No offense, and maybe it's just me, but, I can't be bothered spending time dissing the contestants I don't like, when I can spend it "whoooo"ing for the one I do.

Looking forward to another great Taylor Hicks performance - I'm getting my finger exercises in, so I'm ready to rock the vote!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Me too, OldSchoolBabe! I plan on voting, voting and voting.

There is something about this guy - he is unique. Maybe its the gray hair on such a young man, or the strange body movements, or maybe the extroverted, gregarious personality . . coupled with a voice which, to my ears, sounds a bit like Phil Collins. Taylor has that X factor that Simon talks about and that just may get him to the top.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM