+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 272 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Simon is there to provide constructive criticism.

"Are you drunk?" is hardly constructive.

--
    I've only seen Taylor sing a few times, but he's absolutely amazing. I don't watch American Idol religiously, but I always try to catch him.

.. And sometimes I think Simon just wants to insult the contestants instead of helping them.

Yeah, that wasn't the first time Simon made a reference to drunken behavior while talking about Taylor's dancing. (Remember: You're like every drunk father at a wedding...) It just becomes derogatory after a while.

Taylor, you rock dude!!! We're behind you all the way.
    Keep dancing HOWEVER you want to.
    Last edited by Tickety; 04-17-2006 at 06:33 AM.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fan
    Oldschoolbabe - do you have a link to the download of the SNL skit? I went to the website you mentioned and couldn't find the download anywhere.

FORT Fan
    Never mind - thanks to the wonders of the internet, I found the clip in several other locations. And I agree it's very funny! Now I think I'll go to the official SNL website and in the part where they ask for suggestions for future musical guests, I'll suggest The Taylor Hicks Band!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo View Post
    Simon is there to provide constructive criticism.

"Are you drunk?" is hardly constructive.
    As much as i generally agree with Simon's critiques, he rarely provides constructive criticism. Unless you consider his frequent lines "you just have to choose better songs" and "that was just ok/mediocre/an absolute mess" constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    As much as i generally agree with Simon's critiques, he rarely provides constructive criticism. Unless you consider his frequent lines "you just have to choose better songs" and "that was just ok/mediocre/an absolute mess" constructive.
    I don't think any of the 3 idiots provide any sort of constructive criticism. Dawg you worked it out doesn't fit the constructive mode. You look nice tonight just isn't up there for constructive criticism. That was a mess isn't very constructive. I have never understood how these 3 can get paid to be judges & don't ever provide anyone with a way to do better next time.

Taylor, & all the others for that matter, are probably better off just looking at them, smiling, & walking away. Stupidity should not be answered with stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Taylor is simply STUPENDOUS!

Love his dancing
    Love his singing
    Love his grey hair

What's not to love.

You can tell that Simon does not GET Taylor. Never has. He's probably confused why Taylor's doing so well. It would be nice to prove Simon how wrong he is. Since Simon is going for Katherine (I think)
    That's how I feel too, misskitty!! For once, it would be really NICE to have someone win this without Simon's influence.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I just love Taylor but it is so annoying that Simon is doing everything within his power to discredit Taylor and to get people to stop voting for him. I just hope that our votes do matter and Taylor will be crowed the next American Idol and Simon can go put a sock in it.

Taylor has been the front-runner for a while now in this contest. Simon is tweaking him in an (unsuccessful) attempt to even out the playing field. The producers fear this show will turn out to be American Taylor, as opposed to American Idol. Notice that Simon has never said Taylor is a bad singer or performer for that matter.
    Last edited by hepcat; 04-19-2006 at 03:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM