+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 272 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedolly67 View Post
    I am a HUGE Taylor fan and I want him to make it to the final 2. I hope he is moved by the music next week. I just want him to do something like he did a couple of themes ago.
    me too. Welcome to FORT, by the way!
    Hioping taylor gets back into the groove next week!
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I really like Taylor and his style. It seemed like his last country performance was held back, whether from Idol judge comments or that of Kenny Rogers. I don't think they got along really well.

I'm sure he'll be back to his old self that we all really love. And kick some butt.

If you want him to stay heads above the rest, you have to make sure you call in and VOTE. You can't take anything for granted now that it's getting down to the wire.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    if you're reading this, and you can, relay this message to taylor: do not conform to what tptb want. we are the listening and buying public and we love the old taylor, do not chage!!
    Inscribe zany quip here

I listened to the interview that pillbeam linked us to and Taylor said he loves country music and Kenny Rogers. So I do not think the theme was a problem. But he said Ronnie Milsap was one of his favorites so I wonder why he did not choose a Ronnie song.

Oh and missKitty and appollonia I agree about Taylor needing to stay true to who he is and not let them change him.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicantica View Post
    But he said Ronnie Milsap was one of his favorites so I wonder why he did not choose a Ronnie song.
    Maybe there were no Ronnie Milsap songs licensed to be performed on the show? Whomever owns the rights to a song (be it artist or label or estate/family or ... Michael Jackson), they have to give permission for it to be performed for something as large, well-publicized and profitable as American Idol.

Those small-time bands who perform covers at your local bars or whatever can get away with it because a) no one IMPORTANT in the industry ever hears them doing it and b) it's not worth it to an artist or record label to get themselves all snitted up over a band that, a couple of Fridays a month, maybe pulls in $200 total from cover charges to be split between all the band members!

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    When Taylor asked his Dad last summer about trying out for Idol, his Dad scoffed and said "You might as well buy a lottery ticket."
    Heading out to buy a lottery ticket now

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    When Taylor asked his Dad last summer about trying out for Idol, his Dad scoffed and said "You might as well buy a lottery ticket."

Heading out to buy a lottery ticket now
    Thank goodness his brother talked him into auditioning and he listened.

Voting for Taylor every week, he's my favorite.

I still haven't picked a favorite this season, but the one I look the most forward to seeing is Taylor.

Taylor is by far my very favorite, and has been since day one. Love his vocal talent, his personality, and his genuineness.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Taylor is by far my very favorite, and has been since day one. Love his vocal talent, his personality, and his genuineness.
    Yes, his GENUINENESS! That's what draws me to the TV when I hear he's about to come on. (Sometimes I just sit in front of the computer and listen to performances without watching them. For Katharine and Ace usually. )

I must add that I am glad he didn't let them change his hair.
    A red-head Taylor? No way. A blonde one? Heck no!
    Pepper-colored? Just right.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM