+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 272 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Tusdays performance was terrible.
    I think we have seen Taylor`s limit that night.
    But i asume that he`ll be back next week.

Taylor's performance WAS good, esmattynd. While it was a mediocre night for most, he definitely pulled that song off well. That's pure raw talent...when a singer can cross genres and sing well.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Newbie
    I would buy any blues cd Taylor released.
    It does seem that his ambition and competitiveness has taken over and he wants to win, but he may loose himself. Could be more inspiration for deep down bleeding blues.

Taylor - Bring back your rhythmic, bluesy soulful vocals! That is where you truly 'shine'. That's the Taylor your fans all know and love.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Okay gang, check out these separate Paul Finebaum radio interviews with Taylor and his Dad Brad hicks. Just scroll down the list of interviews till you come to each one:

http://www.finebaum.com/audio_current.html

Some fascinating stuff. His Dad says Taylor made a last-minute decision to go to Las Vegas, the last auditioning city, after he was stuck in New Orleans during Katrina. His flight somewhere else (home?) was cancelled, so he cashed in the ticket, drove to another airport and went to Nevada. After he got to Nevada, he called his dad and said " 'You are not going to believe this but I made the first cut.' " Then he called back again and said " 'You are not going to believe this, but I am going to audition in front of those judges. '" Then he called back again, etc etc. Apparently, Taylor had no family or friends there to celebrate the "Goin' to Hollywood" news.

When Taylor asked his Dad last summer about trying out for Idol, his Dad scoffed and said "You might as well buy a lottery ticket." Ultimately, it was Taylor's younger brother Sean who urged him to audition. Taylor's dad, tho, sounds like a really sincere, humble guy.

So Taylor auditioned at the last city at the last moment (before he turned 29).
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-06-2006 at 03:55 PM.

I think we will get "our" Taylor back next week. Sean posted on the AI board last night that "Taylor is very excited about next weeks theme" I am kinda nervous about any of them doing Queen, but Taylor does want to win, so If anyone can do Queen, I think he will put it together in a way that will entertain and amaze us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Montana View Post
    I absolutely feared for Taylor after his John Denver rendition...

Mountain Music by Alabama would have been perfect for him...

:::Oh, play me some mountain music, like gramma and grandpa used to play...:::

Seriously, he could have Taylored that song to his style and blown America away.
    to the FORT, Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I'm a huge Taylor's fan. Saying this....

I'm realy surprised how SERIOUSLY Taylor is taking AI competition. He REALLY wants to win this.

For a singer like him who is already in the show business I would think that he entered the AI competition just to get a TV exsposure, to get people to recognize him. Well, he already has it.

Watching him on AI I get an mpression that Taylor is really scared to be eliminated. I also get an impression that he is trying too hard to impress everybody: the judges, the audience, the media. That's why he toned down his "ticks" and the "woo, woo" thing.

That's why IMO he is choosing safe songs so people would LIKE him.

Anyway, if he tries really hard to change himself for the sake of someone else's approval... we will loose Taylor we admire so much.

I hope he comes back next Tuesaday, the grey-haired soul man we fell in love with.
    Taylor's my favorite too. Yeah, he looked a little worried last night.

I also think he needs to be himself and have fun, he's toned it down a little which is good but please do not tone it down all they way.

Randy just wants him to rock out.

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Okay gang, check out these separate Paul Finebaum radio interviews with Taylor and his Dad Brad hicks. Just scroll down the list of interviews till you come to each one:

http://www.finebaum.com/audio_current.html

Some fascinating stuff. His Dad says Taylor made a last-minute decision to go to Las Vegas, the last auditioning city, after he was stuck in New Orleans during Katrina. His flight somewhere else (home?) was cancelled, so he cashed in the ticket, drove to another airport and went to Nevada. After he got to Nevada, he called his dad and said " 'You are not going to believe this but I made the first cut.' " Then he called back again and said " 'You are not going to believe this, but I am going to audition in front of those judges. '" Then he called back again, etc etc. Apparently, Taylor had no family or friends there to celebrate the "Goin' to Hollywood" news.

When Taylor asked his Dad last summer about trying out for Idol, his Dad scoffed and said "You might as well buy a lottery ticket." Ultimately, it was Taylor's younger brother Sean who urged him to audition. Taylor's dad, tho, sounds like a really sincere, humble guy.

So Taylor auditioned at the last city at the last moment (before he turned 29).
    Thanx for the links Pillbeam!

Great interviews, Pillbeam. I listened to them yesterday and got a kick out of them. Newest rumor is that Taylor wanted to do a Hank Williams, Jr. song, but couldn't get it cleared, because Hank was busy visiting his daughters, who were in a car accident, and getting arrested for pawing a waitress. If this is true, he did have to choose the Denver song at the last minute. What next?
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM