+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 272 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe he just didn't feel the song and couldn't get into it. I could see that as being a possibility.
    I don't understand why he would pick a song that he couldn't get into.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Maybe that combined with not feeling as well as he could have just wreaked havoc.

Some people simply don't jibe with certain genres of music.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    I'm a huge Taylor's fan. Saying this....

I'm realy surprised how SERIOUSLY Taylor is taking AI competition. He REALLY wants to win this.

For a singer like him who is already in the show business I would think that he entered the AI competition just to get a TV exsposure, to get people to recognize him. Well, he already has it.

Watching him on AI I get an mpression that Taylor is really scared to be eliminated. I also get an impression that he is trying too hard to impress everybody: the judges, the audience, the media. That's why he toned down his "ticks" and the "woo, woo" thing.

That's why IMO he is choosing safe songs so people would LIKE him.

Anyway, if he tries really hard to change himself for the sake of someone else's approval... we will loose Taylor we admire so much.

I hope he comes back next Tuesaday, the grey-haired soul man we fell in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Watching him on AI I get an mpression that Taylor is really scared to be eliminated. I also get an impression that he is trying too hard to impress everybody: the judges, the audience, the media. That's why he toned down his "ticks" and the "woo, woo" thing.

That's why IMO he is choosing safe songs so people would LIKE him.

Anyway, if he tries really hard to change himself for the sake of someone else's approval... we will loose Taylor we admire so much.

I hope he comes back next Tuesaday, the grey-haired soul man we fell in love with.
    That's what I was wondering too, if he's trying too hard to be whatever he thinks the judging or the voting public want. If that's true, he's going to lose the people who loved him just the way he was, and I doubt he'll pick up any votes from people who have already decided they don't like him. I want the real Taylor back!

I am a HUGE Taylor fan and I want him to make it to the final 2. I hope he is moved by the music next week. I just want him to do something like he did a couple of themes ago.

FORT Fogey
    Maybe he just had an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea Patches View Post
    Taylor definitely wasn't himself last night - I could sense he was sick, and his voice had a bit of nasaly "twang" to it. But at the same time, he just didn't do anything else original with the song. It was very karaoke-ish, and just about anyone else could have done a similar rendition.

Sick or not, he could have given the song new life ... at least he could have attempted that so that we wouldn't have to blame it on him being sick.
    First, I don't agree that he "didn't do anything original" with the song. No, he didn't add melisma or modify the tune much or do a whole new arrangement, but his voice and styling are very different from John Denver. To me, he did not sound like an imitation of John at all. Just a guy with a more bluesy, more raspy "whisky tenor" voice singing basically the same song. Not unlike many recent covers (of older hits) by Michael MacDonald, Jessica Simpson, Michael Bolton, etc. (Frankly, I'm usually not crazy about people "putting their own stamp" on a song by turning it into a different song.)

But I also think Taylor sounded good Tuesday night. He just sounded a little hoarse and didn't have his usual energy. The strep thing would explain that.
    I could listen to his rendition of TMH,CR any time. I think he sang better than Elliott, Bucky, Mandisa, Paris, and (the last part of) Ace. Probably not better than Chris, though.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Newbie
    I absolutely feared for Taylor after his John Denver rendition...

Mountain Music by Alabama would have been perfect for him...

:::Oh, play me some mountain music, like gramma and grandpa used to play...:::

Seriously, he could have Taylored that song to his style and blown America away.

One off-night for Taylor isn't going to alter my wanting this guy to win. They have ALL had nights where they weren't exactly "shining". I'm going to give Taylor the benefit. I like him well enough that one mediocre performance won't change the standings for me....he's still number one with me.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

He's still head and shoulders above the rest, IMHO. I think Chris and Kellie are 2 and 3 behind him in votes and fan bases. As the number of contestants shrinks, you would think that fans of the voted-off contestents would get behind the best talent (Taylor), especially if he's facing off against someone like Pickler.

I actually didn't think his country performance was that bad anyways. It sounded the most "country" to me. Plus, he went first. And I have a gut feeling he still got the highest number of votes.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM