+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 272 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I think he's gonna rock this competition...I know he's gonna give a great performance...

I agree with the either you will love him or hate him comment --- I am on the hate side right now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I am on the Taylor Hicks love train for sure! This guy is my favorite, followed closely by Chris G. I think his voice is great, I hope he goes far in the competition. I agree that Simon is putting on the act that he dislikes Taylor. Simon even said that he can't wait to see what this guy will do next, and I could not agree more!

FORT Fogey
    I like this guy too, for the same reason someone else gave above: "He's original" -- at least for AI.

If everyone on AI looked and sang the same, gawd it would be a *boooring* show!!

I think Taylor is gonna bring so much "flavor"
    to this competition.

I see him as one of the top 12 guys. I think
    most will like him, but there will be those who
    do not.

He is a very cool guy. Read his profile at
    idolonfox.com. It is so funny! He has a great
    personality.

This guy is great. Maybe not the best voice,
    but we need him in the top 12!!!!

Taylor is definitely love or hate, just judging by the comments from my coworkers. I love him right now and am excited to see how he will handle the different genres. I do think he has enough fans already to make it to Top 12, so we can see what he brings to the table.
    Sing & dance the night away!

My boy, Gray Charles!

I hope he ditches this whole "Taylor" thing and take that name professionally.

Let's see if he can survive the traditional AI Gauntlet of making them peform song types they'd never have to worry about in a real career, where they'd actually focus on making the music they are good at.

Plus tons of bullcrap waffling between the judges, where one week they nitpick someone for not being versatile, and the next week they laud someone for "knowing themselves".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    My boy, Gray Charles!

I hope he ditches this whole "Taylor" thing and take that name professionally.
    With royalties going to YOU of course?

I think his harmonica playing was really great last night. The man has soul.

I've seen a few musicians that move/twitch in ways that others might think are "twitchy", or "schtick". But I think this is how Taylor is, how he feels the music. From what I've seen of him so far, I'd say he's too good for this competition. (but I still hope he makes the top ten!)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post

I've seen a few musicians that move/twitch in ways that others might think are "twitchy", or "schtick". But I think this is how Taylor is, how he feels the music. From what I've seen of him so far, I'd say he's too good for this competition. (but I still hope he makes the top ten!)
    Well, if the "twitchy" thing can work for Ray Charles, then why not Taylor, too? I agree that Taylor feels the music deeply and maybe the body movements are a result of that. It's not like Ray has a patented copyright on the movements and royalties have to be paid.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    Love him! I hope he continues to be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM