+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 272 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

He looked great back then, but that's years ago. I think he's pretty cool right now.

BTW, how about if he sang "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" by Joe Nichols. It's on the country charts right now. That would be a hoot!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Actually I was noticing what a nice face Taylor has last performance. He shouldn't and will never dye his hair(it's a trademark), but weight loss would definitely be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicantica View Post
    Hey Sage I'm with you on "Shameless!" Taylor would knock that one out of the park and he would not sound like a Garth imitation either.
    Now I love "Shameless" sung by Billy Joel. I wish Taylor would do a rendition of that song more on the lines of Billy's style. He'd blow the house down if he sang it that way.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

He doesn't look like he needs to lose weight to me. Anyone else think that he does? I just think that ten years is going to sort of bulk anyone up, but that's normal.

I was thinking the same thing, Muduh! Taylor looks mighty fine to me..just the way he is. Gray hair, and all.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    He doesn't look like he needs to lose weight to me. Anyone else think that he does? I just think that ten years is going to sort of bulk anyone up, but that's normal.
    No, Taylor looks A-OK to me!

And as far as him singing "Shameless"....I'm all for the Garth version...especially since I am a H-U-G-E Garthnutt (before he went into retirement I was as "obsessed" about him as I am now about AI!!!)....plus if anyone has ever seen Garth sing that song live knows that he does some of Taylor's grab-the-mike-and-swivel-the-hips kinda moves....right up Taylor's alley!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Very true. And Taylor looks like he's done it better than most. He looks distinguished.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Now I love "Shameless" sung by Billy Joel. I wish Taylor would do a rendition of that song more on the lines of Billy's style. He'd blow the house down if he sang it that way.
    I have never heard Billy Joel sing it but since he wrote it, I bet it's pretty good and probably not as country as Garth's. I think Taylor would do his own version and not copy anyone else's. I can pretty much picture him doing it.

And I think Taylor looks fine. He could lose 5 lb and look even better but not much more than 5. And the Idol stylists took his hair and tweaked it just enough to look gorgeous.

Oh, and I notice some resemblance to Elvis in Taylor and this pic that Asylum posted really shows it.
    Taylor Hicks - Season 5

The chin is very different but the mouth and nose are a lot like Elvis.
    Last edited by Musicantica; 04-02-2006 at 11:38 AM.

`Idol' mania? We've got it down cold -

`Idol' mania? We've got it down cold.
    March 31, 2006
    http://www.al.com/printer/printer.ss...940.xml&coll=2

The first part is about Idol fans in general.
    For the fifth season of "American Idol," fans - especially those in Birmingham - knew exactly what to do.

Even before the show kicked into high gear, announcing its top 24, "Idol" maniacs across the country were setting up Internet sites and Web blogs devoted to their favorite contestants.

They formed groups on the official "Idol" bulletin boards, calling themselves the Kat Pack, the Soul Patrol, the Paris Posse and Ace's Highrollers.

They began to attend watch parties at nightclubs, restaurants and churches. They created, and started to sell, fan merchandise such as T-shirts, bumper stickers, refrigerator magnets, baby bibs and rubber bracelets.

They took sides and joined forces.

They made the reality series - a cheesy singing competition on the Fox network - the most popular TV show in America. This year, Nielsen ratings for "Idol" trounced the Olympics and outshone the Grammys.
    Then it gets to the home town pride.
    Here in the Magic City, we've been through this experience with two local guys - Birmingham's Ruben Studdard and Helena's Bo Bice - and watched from a more reserved distance as a Birmingham native, Diana DeGarmo, went through the fan frenzy in her adopted hometown of Snellville, Ga.

All of it has made us experts at supporting the latest finalist from Birmingham, a silver-haired soul singer named Taylor Hicks.

His faithful admirers, the Soul Patrol, have been cheering and waving beers in Hicks' honor on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Open Door Cafe, 1115 Dunston Ave., where Hicks once played regularly. They've also started to meet for watch parties at Gabriel's Spirited Cafe, 3706 Lorna Road in Hoover.

Hicks, 29, has lots of musical character and a flamboyant personality, which makes it easier to think of slogans for T-shirts - "Got soul?" "Chicks dig harmonicas" - and affectionate nicknames. One of these is Gray Charles, a reference to Hicks' idol and inspiration, Ray Charles.
    Then there's more about how technology and merchandising get into the picture to boost fan support and make household names of Taylor and others.

on a site called Cafepress.com, where a search for the phrase "Taylor Hicks" brings up 1,326 products. Similar items can be found on eBay and other Web sites.

"Idol" apparently tolerates such dicey activity - the show obviously wants to control how money is made off its contestants - or maybe it's just too difficult to police this stuff when the series is in full swing.
    Even the goldfish have fans!
    Cartoons and comics linked to the "Idol" singers seem to be more commonplace this season; witness the Lamont and Ray phenomenon focusing on Hicks' two goldfish (www.lamontandray.com) and the Hicks-themed panels on Yirmumah! (www.yirmumah.net).
    And Alabama is ready for yet another native son in the final 2.
    Certainly, our city has become accustomed to the presence of "Idol" camera crews, and you can bet we'll see them again if Hicks progresses far enough in the contest for a triumphant visit home.

That typically happens when the top three are announced, and if judge Simon Cowell's predictions are correct, Hicks will be shaking hands and signing autographs at the Five Points South fountain in no time.

It's bound to be an exciting day for Birmingham. Or as Hicks would say, "Whoo!"

Mary Colurso covers pop music and night life for The Birmingham News. To e-mail her, write to mcolurso@bhamnews.com.

© 2006 The Birmingham News© 2006 al.com All Rights Reserved.
    Hey, Ruben and Bo can show up and they can have a good ol' 'Bama Idol Bash!

Musicantica - Billy Joel's version of 'Shameless' is very soulful. I can really see it fitting into Taylor's style well.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM