+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

What does repression have to do with an aversion to tics?

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Gray Charles was awesome as always!!
    My first post ever!!

to the FORT, Draven.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    What does repression have to do with an aversion to tics?

I'd vote that one leads to the other leads to milquetoast. Bland. Blah. Ya-da-ya-da.....

That is just one person's vote!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't help but wonder just how repressed these people are who complain about Taylor's "twitches" and what he wears, are. Thank goodness he just goes with his own flow.

This "very heterosexual Republican type way" has, in some way, has got to involve a corncob someplace unmentionable.

I guess you were using my post as an example of something? All I said was that I didn't care for the styleover they gave Taylor.

I don't even begin to understand the corncob comment. I was simply joking that I thought Taylor looked slick when he wears suits.

He's by far my favorite contestant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Geez....don't take it so personally....we come here to have to good time! I'm sorry if I offended you, and I am with you about him being a favorite!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Taylor rules again. I loved his soulful, heartfelt, tuneful rendition. Also, I'm glad I didn't know the song: Taylor is always surprising me. The only problem was that the song was cut short with the time limitation--not enough opportunity to hear Hicks. And, it's one of those songs that probably was meant to have a sustained lyrical buildup.

I didn't know the song, and it didn't matter. Taylor took this sexy, soulful song and made it into magic. It is called Trouble by Ray Lamontagne (and yes I did go to Amazon and order it, to hold me over until Taylor makes his first album):

Trouble

Trouble...
    Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
    Trouble been doggin' my soul since the day I was born
    Worry...
    Worry, worry, worry, worry
    Worry just will not seem to leave my mind alone
    We'll I've been...
    saved by a woman
    I've been...
    saved by a woman
    I've been...
    saved by a woman
    She won't let me go
    She won't let me go now
    She won't let me go
    She won't let me go now

Trouble...
    Oh, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
    Feels like every time I get back on my feet
    she come around and knock me down again
    Worry...
    Oh, worry, worry, worry, worry
    Sometimes I swear it feels like this worry is my only friend
    We'll I've been saved...
    by a woman
    I've been saved...
    by a woman
    I've been saved...
    by a woman
    She won't let me go
    She won't let me go now
    She won't let me go
    She won't let me go now

Oh..., Ahhhh....
    Ohhhh
    She good to me now
    She gave me love and affection
    She good tell me now
    She gave me love and affection
    I Said I love her
    Yes I love her
    I said I love her
    I said I love...
    She good to me now
    She's good to me
    She's good to me
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    I didn't know the song, and it didn't matter. Taylor took this sexy, soulful song and made it into magic. It is called Trouble by Ray Lamontagne (and yes I did go to Amazon and order it, to hold me over until Taylor makes his first album):
    Oh, Lolls, you are going to love that album. Did you get the album or just the song? The whole cd is magic. Trouble isn't even the best song on there. But as much as I love Taylor, he is no Ray LaMontagne. His cd has been in my car cd player for a year straight. I can't seem to take it out of the rotation.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Oh, Lolls, you are going to love that album. Did you get the album or just the song? The whole cd is magic. Trouble isn't even the best song on there. But as much as I love Taylor, he is no Ray LaMontagne. His cd has been in my car cd player for a year straight. I can't seem to take it out of the rotation.
    I agree, burntbrat. It's an excellent album.

When I heard he was doing a Lamontagne song, I got a bit nervous, but MAN, Taylor pulled if off. I thought he did a fabulous job, and wish I could've heard him sing the entire song.

Great job, M'Man.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd View Post
    This dude is just head and shoulders above the rest. I mean, I don't see it as even being close!?!? He didn't even use any of his typical theatrics (which I like, btw). Taylor is going to be a bonafide star. I didn't like the outfit though - it looked like he was trying to dress like a 16 year old. He looks slick in suits. I say this in a very heterosexual Republican type way!
    I agree that the outfit didn't really fit Taylor's personality. I think the stylists are trying to make him appear younger so he will fit in with the younger crowd watching this show. Taylor needs to just stick up for himself and BE himself. I personally dont care what he wears, he is by far the most talented performer in this show! I love him!!
    FP

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM