+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 272 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Pillbeam!

I heard it today, also - just WOW! If you heard it where I did, there are quite a number of songs to listen to. I also purchased his "Under The Radar" CD, and love it.
    Sing & dance the night away!

OldSchoolBabe,

As I said in another thread that you posted in, why am I not surprised we're both rooting for another soulful 'Bama boy?

Anyway, I just learned that the recording of "Georgia" was about 10 years ago, when Taylor was only 18 or 19. Unbelievable. With 10 years of seasoning, it should be even a bigger thrill to hear him sing it now.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-23-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Can someone PM me the link?? Pretty Please!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think Taylor showed his best last time. But that doesn't mean he's down and out. He's so unique and he's had the BEST opportunity to showcase his already strong talents. So I believe, and hope, his success will grow immensely whether he wins or not. I'd still like to see him against Chris in the top two. Hoping for a man to win this year. Don't ask me why.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

giz
    I like Taylor very much, but was bored by the singing on Tuesday. I like the dancing, but in my head I was hearing the Stone's version of the song, and Taylor was not matching up at all. I'm not a huge fan of Jagger's vocals (compared with his compatriot Bowie for example), but just did not like Taylor's version at all. Hope he's back to usual form next week.

Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    I like Taylor very much, but was bored by the singing on Tuesday. I like the dancing, but in my head I was hearing the Stone's version of the song, and Taylor was not matching up at all. I'm not a huge fan of Jagger's vocals (compared with his compatriot Bowie for example), but just did not like Taylor's version at all. Hope he's back to usual form next week.
    Unfortunately, Taylor's version wasn't up to either Buddy Holly or the Stone's version. I still think Taylor is the complete package, good voice, good personality, and very entertaining. Hopefully, he'll come back strong next week with a good song choice.

Since next week's theme is songs from the 21st century I'm thinking Taylor should either do "Lady" by Lenny Kravitz for an uptempo number or for a slower song, he should do "Love's Divine" by Seal.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I just hope he does something that people really connect with!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know if anyone has posted this link or not.
    Is he going to dye his hair or not? I agree with many of the other posters and like the gray.

http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060316185809990001

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    I don't know if anyone has posted this link or not.
    Is he going to dye his hair or not? I agree with many of the other posters and like the gray.

http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060316185809990001
    I went to your link, redjdv and ick-ick-ick on the dark hair! I also voted for his hair color:

54% Wanted Grey
    40% Salt and Pepper
    6% Dark Hair

He shouldn't be pushed to change. I love his unique looks.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM