+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 272 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I am mixed on Taylor Hicks, I like the singing but the Ray Charles act irks me a bit. I know some think it is real but to me and it is just my opinion it makes him come off as fake to me. If he would sing and limit all the Ray Charles stuff I would like he much more. It will not keep me from voting for him but I can't call him a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade View Post
    I am mixed on Taylor Hicks, I like the singing but the Ray Charles act irks me a bit. I know some think it is real but to me and it is just my opinion it makes him come off as fake to me. If he would sing and limit all the Ray Charles stuff I would like he much more. It will not keep me from voting for him but I can't call him a favorite of mine.
    . I know what you mean about the Ray stuff. Taylor is my fave, but he's got to depart from the Ray stuff for most of the competition. However, he comes by the Ray act honestly, ie. he's been a huge fan of Ray since he was 10. I guess if you are going to look for an influence, Ray isn't a bad place to start. Unlike contestant William Makar, who thinks Jessica Simpson is the best female vocalist out there today.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 02-16-2006 at 05:11 PM.

I don't care if he channels Ray, Elvis or Elmo, I just love the way he sings and feels the music. I would much rather him move around like that then stand there deadpan.

I really do not like this guy. I hate the way he sings, the way he sounds, and he looks like some sort of perv.

I think this guy is great ... he is a refreshing and clearly unique. Am glad to see him in the top 24 ... he'll get my vote.

Taylor is my favorite so far. While I don't think he has a chance at winning, I hope he lasts a while...at least so he can get some exposure.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

This guy doesn't belong here and shouldn't have made the first cut. He looks like an old man, doesn't have his own style and will NEVER be able to sing the songs they will give him. He is a white man doing a a Ray Charles impersonation and that's IT. The only reason he is here is because Simon told him Paula and Randy would never put him through the final group cut and they wanted to prove him wrong. Their petty game took a spot away from someone far better and will subject him to unrealistic hopes and needless humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    This guy doesn't belong here and shouldn't have made the first cut. He looks like an old man, doesn't have his own style and will NEVER be able to sing the songs they will give him. He is a white man doing a a Ray Charles impersonation and that's IT. The only reason he is here is because Simon told him Paula and Randy would never put him through the final group cut and they wanted to prove him wrong. Their petty game took a spot away from someone far better and will subject him to unrealistic hopes and needless humiliation.
    We'll see if he can do well or not. I like him, and I would rather listen to him than a lot of the shrieking divas (which is what it sounds like we're getting from the little bits we got to hear)

This guy should at least make the top 12, and even if he gets cut after that, he will have an album and a career. He's too talented to slip away at this point.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I don't know if I'd want him to win the whole thing, honestly. I loved Bo last season and this is going to sound bad, but I think he went too far. Of course I kept voting for him so it's all my fault. I loved, loved, loved his performances and couldn't wait for a good southern rock CD to come out with his voice on it. But because he got so far instead he churned out an average cd with none of that southern personality on it. I'd hate to fall in love with Taylor's voice and performances and then have it ruined by a mediocre album with songs that don't showcase what I fell in love with. If that makes sense.

Hmm, something to think about. I'm with you on Bo's album. When are TPTB at AI going to wise up and let the performer's personality shine through on an album? Almost every one they've put out is a watered down version of the live performer. Here's hoping Taylor breaks the mold.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM