+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 272 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 2714
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

  1. #461
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,525
    I think he's
    handsome no matter how his hair looks. But I think that gray hair is his 'trademark'. I say ..leave it alone.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  2. #462
    FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,730
    He's fine just like he is! I hope they don't do too many changes.

  3. #463
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,755
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TAYLOR-HICKS-In-...QQcmdZViewItem

    Yikes....now I'm a diehard fan of Taylor's but I, unfortunately don't have extra cash laying around to buy this............can't you just imagine Taylor shaking his head thinking "Where were you guys with the big bucks when I was out playing all those honky tonks????"
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #464
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TAYLOR-HICKS-In-...QQcmdZViewItem

    Yikes....now I'm a diehard fan of Taylor's but I, unfortunately don't have extra cash laying around to buy this............can't you just imagine Taylor shaking his head thinking "Where were you guys with the big bucks when I was out playing all those honky tonks????"
    I'd love to hear how all those 7 tracks sound.

  5. #465
    FORT Fanatic Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    606
    The Fall is stunning from his first CD. I"ve been writing Charlemagne Record Exchange begging them to re-release his first CD. Gosh I hope they do it, the ebay'ers have been going nuts!

  6. #466
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    The Fall is stunning from his first CD. I"ve been writing Charlemagne Record Exchange begging them to re-release his first CD. Gosh I hope they do it, the ebay'ers have been going nuts!
    I wonder if they would have to hold off on releasing it until AI was over with and his obligations to AI are over???? Didn't Constantine's band have to hold off on releasing anything with him on it until AI was over with??
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  7. #467
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    I can't believe that CD is going for $255. That's nuts.

  8. #468
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I wonder if they would have to hold off on releasing it until AI was over with and his obligations to AI are over???? Didn't Constantine's band have to hold off on releasing anything with him on it until AI was over with??
    My memory may be a little off on this but it seems that the Pray for the Soul of Betty album was released during the show & the next week Constantine was booted. Anyone else remember it happening that way? I'm not sure of the legalities of re-releasing Taylors stuff while he is still involved, but it sure looks like their is some interest.

  9. #469
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    45
    Posts
    650

    Is it me?

    I just love this guy so much. I can't wait each and every week for a glimpse of him. He was awesome the last two weeks in a row. I hope he can keep it up.

    On another note, does it not seem that Simon is trying to manipulate voters into voting for Chris. I'm sure they would like a young good looking male idol, because they have never had one. I do like Chris, however, there are a thousand guys out there like him.

    Simon himself said you have to be unique, to me Taylor and Katherine (her vocal style) are the only true unique ones. I hope they are the final two.

    I do like Chris, but I think Ace is even better then him.
    Twice now they have put Chris last and said "oh everybody live up to that". And that Chris' vocals were the best by a mile - when they were not. Like we can't hear for ourselves. He is good yes - but not the best by far.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-21-2006 at 02:32 PM.

  10. #470
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    I just love this guy so much. I can't wait each and every week for a glimpse of him. He was awesome the last two weeks in a row. I hope he can keep it up.

    On another note, does it not seem that Simon is trying to manipulate voters into voting for Chris. I'm sure they would like a young good looking male idol, because they have never had one. I do like Chris, however, there are a thousand guys out there like him.

    Simon himself said you have to be unique, to me Taylor and Katherine (her vocal style) are the only true unique ones. I hope they are the final two.

    I do like Chris, but I think Ace is even better then him.
    Twice now they have put Chris last and said "oh everybody live up to that". And that Chris' vocals were the best by a mile - when they were not. Like we can't hear for ourselves. He is good yes - but not the best by far.
    I wish I could find something to argue with here, but I agree with every sentiment. Well put, especially the Chris comparisons, he's good but not that good & when you put him on stage with flashing lights & smoke bombs & let him scream through another grunge rendition of a song, then it is going to stand out. Taylor doesn't need all that to be great. He feels it & it shows. I even agree with your final 2. Taylor & Kat, go go go .

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.