+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 272 FirstFirst ... 169219259260261262263264265266267268269270271272 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2714
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I have read that Taylor will be performing on AI in the near future, but I haven't read a confirmed date. I would imagine it will be soon since his new CD was recently released...even though it's been hard to find

FORT Fanatic

thats great. even though i didn't care for taylor his season (i was more rock...so daultry was it) it's great that AI are bringing back idol winners and other contestants. less A-list musicians and more idols are better. helping them out by promoting them like this is good...for both former idols and the show.

so they had a former top 5 contestant Brooke from last yr, had the original winner in kelly, next week is season 4 country sensation carrie, now talk of taylor coming in...awesome. it'll be great if other winners and successful idols show up...like daughtry, ruben, clay, jordan, jhud, cook, archuleta....okay i'll add fantasia but i wont mind if she's passed =) hell, i even want yamin back.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Bell, I agree - I would actually rather see previous contestants (the good ones) than alot of these stars. It does, however, give the show added credibility and I'm sure its a thrill for the contestants (and live audience).

Chris Daughtry is my favorite all-time AI contestant, but I didn't vote as much for him as I would normally because my husband was a fan of Taylor Hicks from day one and my sister was rooting for Elliot Yamin. I also liked all 3, so I was happy with any of them winning. That was a great season! In the end, I it worked out for all of them.

FORT Fogey

I am pretty sure that Ryan said that they would be having ALL the idol winners on this year

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3383250;
    I am pretty sure that Ryan said that they would be having ALL the idol winners on this year
    I think he said a different Idol each week. He didn't say winners, to the best of my memory.

FORT Fogey

Are you the IDOL only if you win...or are you an IDOL if you have just been a contestant or finalist....AH..the power of ambiguous words.

FORT Fanatic

definitely different idol each week not just winner...had brooke who finished what 4th last season.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb;3382804;
    I have read that Taylor will be performing on AI in the near future, but I haven't read a confirmed date. I would imagine it will be soon since his new CD was recently released...even though it's been hard to find
    It's available through Amazon. I heard some of it on there and really liked what I heard.
    Last edited by roses4me; 03-17-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Taylor sang the national anthem at the SF Giants home opener. He looked and sounded fabulous. His version of the anthem, naturally, has a lot of soul.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

"American Idol" will celebrate the music of the Rat Pack next week, while also welcoming back a former winner.

FOX announced on Wednesday (April 22), in the aftermath of the double-elimination of Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai, that the remaining five contenders -- Kris Allen, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta and Adam Lambert -- will perform standards made famous by the members of the original Ray Pack, including Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.

Rat Pack Night will be next Tuesday, April 28.

The following night, on April 29, "Idol" will send home one finalist, cutting the field to the Final Four.

Wednesday will also mark the return of Season Five winner Taylor Hicks, who will perform "Seven Mile Breakdown" off his album "The Distance."

Hicks, who follows recent "Idol" returnees like David Archuleta, Jennifer Hudson and Kellie Pickler, can currently be seen co-starring in the national tour of "Grease."

Taylor Hicks, Rat Pack Week coming to 'American Idol' on Hitfix

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM