+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 272 FirstFirst ... 168218258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2714
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Yes, it was R&K. I hope he picked the blonde (I didn't watch the results)!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Yes, he picked the blonde.

I guess this means he's not dating that blonde reporter anymore. Too bad, they made a cute couple.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3335354;
    Wasn't that on Regis & Kelly? It was on in the lobby at my doctor's office this morning, otherwise I would never have seen it.
    You're correct.

I don't see Taylor settling down with any woman for many years to come, until he's in his late 30's or early 40's even.

I really hope he does fantastic. It makes me glare at the TV when Simon makes a snide comment about Taylor so I want him
    to do incredibly well to shove it in Simon's face lol and if not? Well I'll just be glad that he can record and sing and I can
    listen

FORT Fogey

I agree with you. I feel like saying "Get over it Simon". He was opposed to Taylor and Clay asnd is still commenting in a snarky manner on both. Of course both have done Broadway and we know what Simon thinks of Broadway...guess it isn't "current" enough for his taste

Taylor Hicks: The Distance | Shakefire.com

Artist: Taylor Hicks

Album: The Distance

Members: Taylor Hicks

Genre: Rock

Label: Modern Whomp

Tracks: 11

Type: LP

Release Date: March 10, 2009

Discs: 1

Rating: 4.35 (out of 4.00)

Grade: A+

Official Site
    A lot of people know Taylor Hicks as the 2006 American Idol winner but what they donít know is that Hicks had quite a music career before then. A self made musician Hicks bought himself a harmonica at the age of 16 and taught himself to play blues harp, by 18 had written his first song, and by 19 had taught himself how to play guitar. This guy was no slouch when it came to music before Idol and winning the competition proved himself to the world.

Having a moderately successful independent career before winning a record contract with American Idol Creator Simon Fuller on his Arista record label may have had some adverse effects on Hicksí performance here on his newest album, The Distance. For the most part the album is surprisingly good, I say surprisingly because I expected far less from Hicks then this. There is a powerful sense of gospel to his voice, a country/folk narration behind his every word, but a working class rock and roll feel running down the core of the album. Its all respectable in the sense that most of the album doesnít feel like the opportunity is being taken advantage of.

The adverse effects of his earlier career, becoming more apparent my second time around, is that Hicks comes at a few songs as a musician who has been here before and is within a comfort zone that allows him to have maybe a little to much fun. There is a certain sense of homage to his inspirations embedded there in those tracks and even though he hitís the music head on its feels less like heís really playing an homage but more an inside joke for himself and the people whom he shares a love for the music with. Sounds like a wonderful premise but the album has a fluidity that is undeniable that falters due to this.

In any case contemporary rock fans will love this album even with the few flaws that it possess. My complete dislike of American Idol aside this is one artist Iím glad got himself a shot because heís making the most of it and heís doing it extremely well. Definitely an album worth checking out. Enjoy.

Taylor will be on Ellen today!

FORT Fogey

Did Ryan say that say that the idols will be performing on the show this season??

Bring back Taylor....Yum!!!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM