+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

THANKS so much, wisgalb, for posting the picture. I love your new avatar, too.

I don't remember the Teen Angel character in the movie. I've seen it several times, too. I must have to leave the room just before he appears, lol.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Regis and Kelly in the course of announcing next week's program schedule, stated that Taylor Hicks and the cast of Grease on Broadway will be on the show(13th), so those of us away from Broadway will at least get a sense of what this version is like.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Wow! Looks like Taylor's getting quite a bit of hype for his stint in Grease. Glad to see it. (The Idol folks didn't exactly show him a lot of respect as one of their winners this past season.)

I'd love to see Grease while Taylor's in it as well as Max Crumm and Laura Osnes, but New York is on the wrong coast.

I'll bet Taylor's take on "Beauty School Dropout" is just a bit different from Frankie Avalon's.

Here's a link to an article about Taylor that's too cute:

Taylor Hicks Admits: I'm a Jonas Brothers Fan! - Jonas Brothers, Taylor Hicks : People.com

I wish I could paste the picture that goes with this, but I'm tech-challenged.

Here's the article:

Taylor Hicks is used to being the object of adoring fans – but when the Jonas Brothers made a TV appearance in New York, the American Idol swapped roles.

Hicks, who is currently starring in Grease on Broadway, couldn't resist partaking in Jonas Brothers mania with thousands of other fans outside of the Live With Regis & Kelly studios in New York City Thursday morning, he told PEOPLE.

"Once I arrived and saw all the Jonas Brothers fans, I got in on the screaming. We were all having a great time out there," said Hicks, who grabbed a sign from a fan and proudly held it up when the band arrived for the show. "We were all just being fans and that's a cool thing."

Asked if he's really a true fan, he told PEOPLE "I am!"

"What they do is awesome because it gets kids into music," said Hicks who was at the ABC studio to tape a performance of "Beauty School Dropout" for the show's Broadway Week celebration, to air on Friday.

"They are a classy act," he added, noting that Nick is his favorite Jonas Brother because "he's the leader of the band."

Sadly, Hicks didn't get to bond with the guys. "I just saw them in passing. They’ve got some pretty heavy security."

In addition to starring on Broadway, Hicks is busy recording his second album, which he hopes to release in the fall. "I love New York. I'm working on Broadway and it’s a great way for me to get my feet wet in acting and a great way to season yourself as a performer," he said. "I've been able to breathe more as a songwriter, having the time and being able to find the right songs."
    ~~~~

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Here's the pic roses...I was just coming here to post that article anyway...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Taylor is such a sweetie

I don't know if I believe that he knows the names of the guys in the band, but it's great that he gets out there and acts like a regular fan and screams and whoops it up.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3054638;
    Here's the pic roses...I was just coming here to post that article anyway...

I can't believe I scooped you!

Thanks for posting the picture. I love it. Someday you can teach me how to do that. Everytime I try, somehow something goes wrong.
    ~~~~

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Taylor was one of the celebs who took part in a golf benefit for the "Autism Speaks" charity. American Idol winner, other celebs turn out for autism benefit
    BY CHRIS SERICO
    THE JOURNAL NEWS • JUNE 17, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3062911;
    Taylor was one of the celebs who took part in a golf benefit for the "Autism Speaks" charity. American Idol winner, other celebs turn out for autism benefit
    BY CHRIS SERICO
    THE JOURNAL NEWS • JUNE 17, 2008

Thanks for posting this info. Now if I can get Wisgalb or bnnbama to copy the picture here, I'll be one happy camper.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM