+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

how old is Taylor again, 29-30? Is there an explanation of why he looks way older compared to most people his age? To fans that follow him, did he suffer some kind of disease or had something happen to him? I've always wondered why he looks 50 but is actually 20 yrs younger...that can't be a good sign of health. I'm 29 turning 30 this year, btw.

His hair turned gray early, that's all. Lots of people show signs of premature aging. I knew a guy in high school who was balding and went completely bald by 25. No big deal. It may be hereditary.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2809389;
    His hair turned gray early, that's all. Lots of people show signs of premature aging. I knew a guy in high school who was balding and went completely bald by 25. No big deal. It may be hereditary.
    I believe it's a recessive gene carried on the mother's side, even though it affects the males. I had a cousin who was bald about the same age as your friend, as did his two sons. They all looked a little older than their schoolmates. Now they're distinguished!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

WWSB ABC 7 Florida - Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, North Port, Siesta Key Breaking News, Weather, Sports and Traffic on the Suncoast | Idol winner, the Osmonds to celebrate charity's 25th anniversary
    Idol winner, the Osmonds to celebrate charity's 25th anniversary

Associated Press - March 14, 2008 5:14 AM ET

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Children's Miracle Network is holding its 25th anniversary bash in Orlando tonight.

Last season's American Idol winner Taylor Hicks will be taking the stage. Also scheduled to perform are brother and sister duo Donny and Marie Osmond.

Marie is a co-founder of the charity. The Children's Miracle Network raises funds for children's hospitals and helps 17 million kids every year.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Yikes, performing with the Osmonds? Not a must-see in my date book.

On another note, my current class of 6th graders were assigned a story about Ray Charles. I couldn't resist and having the students answer this question: "Which American Idol is known as Gray Charles?"

I wonder when Taylor is going to make another CD? I'd love to have him sing all ballads.

Thanks, wisgalb, for keeping us all informed on Taylor's activities. He sure does a lot for charities.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Here is some Taylor news:

This weekend he is at the Kentucky Derby
    Taylor at the Grand Gala VIP Reception

Boots, Blues, & BBQ Saturday, May 10th
    This event is going on the same weekend as the SP Convention, so hopefully many of the SP will be able to attend. It's for charity, and sounds like a lot of fun!

As it is an "invitation only" event, the charity cannot actively promote it through the media, but they have approved this post to be used on the fan sites. They are thanking the SP for our help in spreading the word.

A "Don't Want To Miss" Event! What a great way to celebrate Mother's Day and also help mothers who are abused and homeless.

Governor and Mrs. Bob Riley Present a Benefit for Hannah Home Shelby
    Saturday, May 10th 7:00 p.m.
    At a private horse farm in the Hwy 119/280 area
    Taylor Hicks will be in concert

BBQ Buffet by award-winning Chef Clayton Sherrod,
    Delicious Dessert Bar by Jefferson State
    Culinary and Hospitality Institute,
    Live Auction of diamond earrings, rounds of golf, beach trip, dinner with Governor and Mrs. Riley at the mansion, and more....
    Dancing and Entertainment By Chris Porter & The Back Row Baptists.

Tickets are $100 per person-A limited number of tickets are available. Tickets are available by calling 205-975-ARTS (205-975-2787)

Taylor will be going on around 8:30 and will do a "soulful acoustic set". They will make "will call" arrangements to pick up tickets if you're travelling from far away. The exact location of event is private, and will be on the tickets. If you are picking tickets up there, they will give you more info when you purchase the ticket. Dress code is "decent casual" (nice jeans okay,nothing ripped or cut off shirts,etc.). Cameras will be allowed. The will call window will be open for later arrivals. Sloss is about 45 minutes away from the location. There should be plenty of parking,and I'm sure people wil be arranging SP carpools.

Harmony has extended their ticket sales until May 5th, due to many requests, and increased interest in the weekend with this latest opportunity.
    More information
    Over The Mountain Journal

Here a few pictures from Talladega

MyFoxAL

Good to see a tanned and relaxed Taylor Hicks before the race. Taylor tells me he is heading west for an "American Idol" commitment, afterwhich he will return to the Birmingham area to play a pro-am at the Regions Charity Classic...

The newest rumor is Taylor will be on one of the next two weeks result shows

Taylor looks great and I will be so happy to see him if he performs on the show! I wonder if they'll even show Simon's face during that performance?!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Best dressed Taylor at the Kentucky Derby....take a look

Young Lifestyle: Best Dressed Guys At The 2008 Kentucky Derby!

I agree!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Well, he's certainly getting his share of favorable comments on that site. Good for Taylor!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM