+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2791163;
    Thanks for posting all the great news about Taylor.

I'm looking at the picture and it appears that Taylor's losing his silver locks. Please tell me I'm wrong!
    I don't think his silver is fading. Did you watch the video of his performance and his dancing with Kelly? You should check it out here
    Live with Regis and Kelly - Wedding 2008

I think it might be Taylor's haircut, either that or his hairline is receding just a little bit. Not to worry, his father has a full head of hair.

Taylor's an old fashioned kind of guy, the music he sings, the way he dresses, his manners, the way he talks. It's all good.

Some pictures from the McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game in New Orleans

Taylor's team won last night

Thanks for the pics! I caught some of that and was impressed with Taylor's moves! I knew he played BB in school.....it was fun to watch him!

Way to go Taylor!

That first picture is too funny. He's like "Holy cow, that hoop is way up there?!"
    2003-2008.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Cute legs too
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

montgomeryadvertiser.com*::* Stars fall on Alabama on Friday

It's being called "Alabama's Grammy Awards."

The Alabama Music Hall of Fame's Induction Banquet and Awards Ceremony only happens twice a year, and it always brings out the stars, said Hall of Fame board executive director David Johnson.

"It takes us a good year to put it all together," Johnson said of the show and celebration. "We have to deal with so many people - and now, they're located all over the country and even out of the country."

This year, those people will include inductees such as Montgomery's own Tommy Shaw, special guests including Kris Kristofferson (who'll be present to honor his longtime keyboardist, inductee Donnie Fritts), and pop music greats from Alabama, among them Percy Sledge, Clarence Carter and the Commodores. Also on hand -- noteworthy contemporary musicians such as Beth Nielsen Chapman, Chris Tompkins, "American Idol" Taylor Hicks and "Nashville Star" winner Angela Hacker.

Click on link for full article.
    Taylor will be performing.
    Induction & Awards Banquet

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb;2805252;
    montgomeryadvertiser.com*::* Stars fall on Alabama on Friday

It's being called "Alabama's Grammy Awards."

The Alabama Music Hall of Fame's Induction Banquet and Awards Ceremony only happens twice a year, and it always brings out the stars, said Hall of Fame board executive director David Johnson.

"It takes us a good year to put it all together," Johnson said of the show and celebration. "We have to deal with so many people - and now, they're located all over the country and even out of the country."

This year, those people will include inductees such as Montgomery's own Tommy Shaw, special guests including Kris Kristofferson (who'll be present to honor his longtime keyboardist, inductee Donnie Fritts), and pop music greats from Alabama, among them Percy Sledge, Clarence Carter and the Commodores. Also on hand -- noteworthy contemporary musicians such as Beth Nielsen Chapman, Chris Tompkins, "American Idol" Taylor Hicks and "Nashville Star" winner Angela Hacker.
    Click on link for full article.
    Taylor will be performing.
    Glad to see Taylor included, is he going to perform or do you know?

Chris Tompkins was one of the co-writers of Carries Before He Cheats.

Poor Angela Hacker, she released one single that went no where & hasn't been heard from since. Seems Nashville Star has been good only for Miranda Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2805266;
    Glad to see Taylor included, is he going to perform or do you know?

Chris Tompkins was one of the co-writers of Carries Before He Cheats.

Poor Angela Hacker, she released one single that went no where & hasn't been heard from since. Seems Nashville Star has been good only for Miranda Lambert.
    Yes

Artists Scheduled To Perform At The 2008 Event

Master of Ceremony: Randy Owen

Kris Kristofferson

Percy Sledge

Tommy Shaw

Eddie Floyd

The Commodores

The Thrasher Brothers

Cleveland Eaton

Clarence Carter

Ernie Ashworth

The 2006 “American Idol” Taylor Hicks

Mary Colurso's Blog & Column - al.com
    Taylor Hicks returns home, ready to receive award from Alabama Music Hall of Fame
    Posted by Mary Colurso February 21, 2008 4:27 PM

Give Taylor Hicks a plate of Birmingham barbecue and he's a happy man. Give Hicks, 31, an award from the Alabama Music Hall of Fame, and he's happy about that, too.

Taylor Hicks The Hoover-born singer, foodie and 2006 "American Idol" winner will receive the America's Music Award on Friday in Montgomery, at the hall of fame's annual induction and awards ceremony. Hicks will share that accolade with Angela Hacker of LaGrange, the 2007 winner of the "Nashville Star" TV show.
    "I'm very honored," Hicks said today. "I think the last award I received was for being tardy the most in high school. This will be a step up."

Hicks plans to perform "Soul Thing" at the 7 p.m. ceremony, held at the Montgomery Renaissance Hotel. Other performers will include Kris Kristofferson, Percy Sledge, Tommy Shaw, Beth Nielsen Chapman and the Commodores.

The hall of fame will induct five Alabama natives that evening, including jazz bassist Cleve Eaton, 68, of Fairfield. Eaton, a veteran on Birmingham's music scene, has done stints with the Ramsey Lewis Trio, toured with the Count Basie Orchestra and collaborated with many other jazz luminaries.

Hicks has performed with Eaton in the past, and sat in with his band at the Open Door Cafe in Mountain Brook. Eaton is known for his intense focus and flamboyant musicianship during concerts.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM