+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I just read this..... I sure hope it is true.

Taylor will make an appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly during "Wedding Week 2008" on Friday, February 8 @ 9am EST/PST (ABC Network). Also, tune into the show's recap of the wedding reception on Monday, February 12, which will also include Taylor.

IO Idols Welcomes Taylor Hicks Fans | RadioIO.com

IO Idols Welcomes Taylor Hicks Fans
    A few weeks ago, the word was passed along that Taylor Hicks is being represented on IO Idols. Well, the channel has not been the same since.

Radio IO and IO Idols WELCOMES the massive fanbase that many call the Soul Patrol. I have to tell each and every person out there just how amazing it has been to talk to each one of you. I don't think I have ever had the chance to meet so many cordial and interesting people in one sitting...but that is just how these fans are. Because of the influx of emails, I have turned up the notch on just how much Taylor Hicks is represented in the playlists here at IO Idols. AND THE FANS GO WILD!!! Not only do I have the singles AND album tracks from Taylor's first major label Arista album, but I also have several live tracks, performances from American Idol and even older tracks that Taylor recorded prior to his win on American Idol two seasons ago. What could be better than to hear Taylor's music from past to present?

Unfortunately, we all know that Arista will no longer be Taylor's record company, but let's look at that as a good thing. They didn't necessarily do squat to help with the release of his album, right? They didn't push the singles, right? And, while the album was truly amazing, I have a feeling they forced Taylor to put out an album that represented their best interest instead of exactly what Taylor really wanted to do. But, let's look at his tenure with Arista as a positive thing....it DID help put Taylor on the map and bring exposure to how talented an artist he is. I am stoked to see just how incredible his next album will be without the suits standing over his shoulder and tapping their foot. Taylor should have the chance to put out an album that is closer to his heart, much like his pre-Idol release, Under The Radar (which I have on IO Idols thanks to everyone's friend out there, Gypsee. Thanks Gypsee!)

With that being said, how many of you know how the Idols channel even came about? That's right, it's all because of Taylor Hicks. Because the Soul Patrol was so dedicated to their cause, Radio IO received sloughs of emails from you guys asking us to play, "Just To Feel That Way" when the single was released. So, we thought it would be a great idea to help support the Idols of the world with a channel that played only their material. What this channel does is help bring exposure to these artists whenever they have a release. Some, you are quite familiar with like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Daughtry, but what about artists like Mandisa, RJ Helton or Jasmine Trias? And then there are the artists from similar competitions throughout the world like Leona Lewis, Will Young and Shannon Noll. Oh, and then there are other competitions like Nashville Star, Popstars, Rock Star Supernova and America's Got Talent? It is just never ending. So, to help out all of these artists and to showcase their music, IO Idols was born in 2007, thanks to Taylor Hicks and the massive power of the Soul Patrol.

So, because of your heart and dedication, I want to extend my very sincere appreciation to each and every one of you guys for all the amazing emails of sincere thanks for representing Taylor's music and just being here with IO Idols. I have never seen so much gratitude for representing one artist. It's amazing. I also extend a heartfelt thanks to Medolark for pointing me in the right direction regarding some of Taylor's releases, great conversation and Taylor tidbits. She has been a godsend.

Well, Soul Patrol, that is it for the week. Thanks again for being here on Radio IO Idols. Let's keep the buzz going about Taylor's music AND IO Idols. Taylor has found a home and let's make sure everyone is aware.

Have an amazing week and I always look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Gregg Parish

It was confirmed today on Regis & Kelly that Taylor will perform on Friday for this most deserving couple. If you haven't heard about this couple and why they were choosen for the 2008 Wedding...you should go to Regis & Kelly's website and listen to their story. Kelly said Taylor will sing "The Right Place".

Live with Regis and Kelly - Wedding 2008

Here is a link with pictures from The Family Center's annual gala to raise funds to support their efforts against child abuse and neglect at the Palms.

Treasured Events Of Charlotte Image Gallery

Don't forget to watch Regis & Kelly. Taylor is on now.......

Here is a link to some pictures from the beautiful wedding. I am very proud of Taylor and how he performed for this couple.

Behind the Scenes: Live's Wedding 2008

Taylor offered to play at the reception....so be sure to watch Regis & Kelly on Monday which will be a recap of the the reception.
    Last edited by wisgalb; 02-08-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: additional information

Now there is a video on Regis & Kelly from the reception. Click on the link and then the link for Kelly & Taylor dance.

Live with Regis and Kelly - Wedding 2008

Here are a few pictures from Regis & Kelly

NBA.com: 2008 Celebs Game

McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET

Battle in the Bayou ...
    Where Stars Hooping it Up Happens
    NEW ORLEANS, Feb. 11, 2008 -- 2008 Grammy Award winners Ne-Yo and Common, "Wisegal" heroine Alyssa Milano, "Rush Hour 3" star Chris Tucker, "Friday Night Lights" star Zach Gilford, 2006 "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks, and two-time Super Bowl champion Deion Sanders are among 20 celebrities who will battle for Bayou bragging rights in the McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game in New Orleans.

The game, which also features WNBA All-Stars Ruth Riley (San Antonio Silver Stars) and Swin Cash (Detroit Shock), will air live on ESPN, ESPN360.com and ESPN Mobile on Friday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. ET from NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.

Former all-star high school point guard Gabrielle Union (Starship Dave) and actress and Touch fashion designer Alyssa Milano, will serve as head coaches for the squads while ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith and ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher will serve as team General Managers. Mark Jones and Jon Barry will call the action, along with courtside reporter Stuart Scott. Hip hop star Lupe Fiasco will perform during the exciting halftime show.

Tickets for the game are $25 and available at 800-4-NBA-TIX (622849), Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster Outlets or the New Orleans Arena Box Office. Tickets are SOLD OUT. Tickets include admission to Jam Session on Friday, Feb. 15 where fans of all ages can meet and collect FREE autographs from NBA Players and Legends, shoot, slam, dribble and drive all day, compete against friends in skills challenges and much more.

For the fourth straight year, ESPN will televise the game, which also features NBA and WNBA players, beginning at 7 p.m. ET. It will also air on ESPN HD and will be simulcast on ESPN360.com and ESPN Mobil TV. The game rosters are subject to change without notice. Visit NBA.com/jamsession or call 866-NBA-JAMS for more information.

Thanks for posting all the great news about Taylor.

I'm looking at the picture and it appears that Taylor's losing his silver locks. Please tell me I'm wrong!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM