+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2748125;
    From Taylor's myspace: Link Here
    that my label and I have mutually parted ways

I'm glad to hear from Taylor himself that this was a mutual decision. Good for you Taylor
    Last edited by wisgalb; 01-10-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Taylor will be at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic Starting this Sunday

Bob Hope Chrysler Classic - Celebrities scheduled to appear & entertain!

A link to a video interview with Taylor at the Bob Hope Classic

MyDesert.com | Palm Springs Video - Sports | The Desert Sun

A photo from BHC

Charlotte Magazine - Best Bets January 2008

Best Bets January 2008

Groovin' for Good
    What do you get when you cross a fabulous meal at The Palm and an exclusive performance by the quirky, soulful sounds of American Idol winner Taylor Hicks? You get Palm Night. For one night only, The Palm restaurant is closed to the public and plays host to The Family Center's annual gala to raise funds to support their efforts against child abuse and neglect. To attend this evening of great food and music, become a sponsor with a charitable donation. January 26, The Palm Restaurant, SouthPark

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

He looks great in that picture!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The Forge chosen as name for Birmingham entertainment district - American Idols Hicks & Studdard To Open Clubs in Downtown Venue - Press Release

BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Jan. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Birmingham's downtown entertainment district will be called The Forge, a name that links the city's past with its future.
    The $40 million district, which includes clubs, restaurants, and shops, is being developed by Performa Entertainment Real Estate in partnership with the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex (BJCC). Alabama American Idols Taylor Hicks and Ruben Studdard each plan to open a club in The Forge.
    The name was announced by Performa CEO John Elkington and BJCC Executive Director Jack Fields. "We wanted a name with historic associations for Birmingham," said Elkington, "and that also suggested a new era for entertainment. We think The Forge fits perfectly."
    The Forge recalls the city's roots as an iron and steelmaking town. Vulcan, the Roman god of the forge, is the city's symbol. "We want the new entertainment district to be like the statue of Vulcan," said Fields, "something that brands Birmingham to the public."
    The name also meets the criteria of being short, easy to remember and adaptable to marketing. "Like its namesake, The Forge will generate sparks," Elkington said. "I can see the ads now - "Forge some fun," "Hot times at The Forge."
    The clubs with Hicks and Studdard reflect the local flavor that will make the development distinctive. Other tenants who have signed letters of intent or leases include Rhythm & Brews, Iron City Saloon, Bluesboro, Wet Willie's, Sleep Out Louie's, Mesquite Chop House and Wow Cafe & Wingery. More than 50 per cent of the 136,000 square feet in the district has been pre-leased.
    Elkington and Fields said The Forge is on schedule to bring new entertainment options downtown. "We are excited at the plans, at the list of prospective tenants, and by the name," said Fields. "We believe The Forge will help create a new identity for Birmingham as a destination." For more information, visit forgebirmingham.com .
    About Performa: Performa Entertainment Real Estate, Inc., the developer of Beale Street, is a privately owned real estate development and advisory firm headquartered in Memphis, TN. Performa specializes in mixed-use urban retail/entertainment districts. Current projects include downtown developments in Jackson, MS, and Trenton, NJ, and a regional retail/entertainment/recreational project in Fredericksburg, VA. For more information, visit Untitled Document .

The Forge? Good grief, is that the best they could do?
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

NBA.com: 2008 Celebs Game
    McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET

Brace for an All-Star Battle in the Bayou ... Where Celebrities Hitting the Hardwood Happens
    NEW YORK, JAN. 2, 2008 -- Tickets for the McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, showcasing the hardwood talents of some of the entertainment world's biggest names, will go on sale Thursday, Jan. 3, at 11 a.m. ET. The game will tip off on Friday, Feb. 15 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center on Center Court inside NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas and will feature a star-studded cast of players from film, TV, and music including, among many others, "American Idol" 2006 Winner Taylor Hicks, rapper Common, former NFL player Deion Sanders, "Friday Night Lights" hunk Zach Gilford, "Heroes" star James Kyson Lee, "The Wire" star Seth Gilliam, and New Orleans native Master P. Hip hop star Lupe Fiasco will perform during the exciting halftime show. The full roster for the game will be released in February.

Click link for full article.

I wonder if Taylor is going to be able to sing? It would be great if he sang the national anthem, or at least entertained before game, although seeing Taylor in basketball shorts is worth the ticket price.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM