+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Re: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I wonder if Taylor is going to be the halftime entertainment for any bowl games this season. He was fantastic in the last Orange Bowl's halftime.

I saw Kelly Clarkson during the Thanksgiving game (Cowboys vs. Jets) and she was screeching through both of her songs. I was covering my ears.

Any news on how Taylor's touring and new cd are going? I haven't heard about him in quite a while. USA Today recapper said his and Fantasia's careers are lagging or suffering - or whatever lame word he used. Success isn't measured in awards, it's what's in your heart that counts.

Happy holidays!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

WSFA TV Montgomery, AL - Convention Center & Hotel Near Completion; Opening Acts Set

Convention Center & Hotel Near Completion; Opening Acts Set

Montgomery's new downtown convention center and hotel is just about six months away from completion. Several national acts with Alabama ties will help open the facility.

Inside is thousands of square feet of exhibition space, along with smaller meeting rooms, a banquet room, and an 18-hundred seat performing arts center.

The 12-story hotel will boast 5-star ammenities like a gourmet restaurant and spa.

The Alabama Music Hall of fame is among the first to book the center. It will be the first time Montgomery has hosted the Hall of Fame's induction ceremony, which is held every two years.

Among the Alabama natives scheduled to perform at the event are Percy Sledge, Randy Owen, The Commodores, Clarence Carter, and American Idol Taylor Hicks.

"It's set up like the CMA or Grammy Awards," said Hall of Fame Director David Johnson. "There will be musical performances in between the awards. It's a quality show that features all genres of music."

Alabama's Music Hall of Fame is located in Tuscumbia. It's 2008 inductees will be Tommy Shaw of Montgomery, Cleveland Eaton, Boyd Bennett, Ernie Ashworth and Donnie Fritts. Some of them will also perform.

It all happens February 22nd -- just days after the convention center opens. Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster in early January.

Or to reserve VIP tables in advance, contact The Alabama Music Hall of Fame at 1-800-239-2643 or (256) 381-4417.

Taylor will be performing at the Liberty Bowl

the link didn't work
    Last edited by wisgalb; 12-05-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: words added

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb;2706386;
    Taylor will be performing at the Liberty Bowl

the link didn't work

Thanks for the news! Last year's Orange Bowl performance was great so this year's half time entertainment better be on TV.
    ~~~~

Taylor will be appearing on the Season Finale of Asian Idol in Jakarta on Sunday December 16, 2007. (Asian Idol TV broadcast can be seen on the following channels: RCTI Indonesia, Sony Entertainment TV India, TV8 Malaysia, Channel 5 Singapore, GMA7 Philippines, and HTV9 Vietnam).

CoolPeopleCare | Palm Night 2008 - Act Locally

Saturday, January 26

Palm Night 2008 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
    Palm Night is The Family Center's annual gala to raise funds to support our fight against child abuse and neglect. Since 2000, Palm Night has raised over $3.7 million for The Family Center and its programs.
    Each February, Palm Restaurant Charlotte closes its doors to the general public to provide free lobster and steak dinners to guests for Palm Night. This year, Taylor Hicks will perform live. This black tie affair will also include live and silent auction items.

So far I have found that Taylor has been in Hollywood at a golf event, in early December. He will be in the Phillipines for four appearances in mid Dec., then back to the U.S. for the Liberty Bowl on Dec. 29 (which will involve rehearsals)In Charlotte for the gala on Jan. 26, Hall of Fame Feb. 22, and Mar. 29, the Greenhill School gala. Lots of travel and rehearsals involved during all of that...........and I will bet that he will either stop in for some impromptu sessions somewhere, or have some other appearances. Sounds like Taylor is still going to keep very busy and don't forget he is working on his new album.

Taylor is quite the busy bee. I'm curious how much an entertainer receives for appearances such as the Liberty Bowl and flying to the Far East? Whatever it is, he deserves every penny.

Thanks for posting the updates.
    ~~~~

Taylor's very smart to accept singing gigs outside of the USA, it's good that he is keeping his name out there while working on his 2nd cd

MyFox Birmingham | Taylor Hicks an Idol in Asia

Taylor Hicks an Idol in Asia

Last Edited: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2007, 7:57 AM CST
    Created: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2007, 7:46 AM CST

Birmingham native and former American Idol winner Taylor Hicks is stealing the show overseas!

Taylor performed Sunday night on the Asian Idol finale in Jakarta, Indonesia, along with Australia Idol winner Guy Sebastian. Taylor's hit song "Do I Make You Proud" was used as a promotion throughout the competition.

After finishing that show, Taylor headed for the Philippines where he just performed a show in Glorietta and has three shows this week in Manila. At each show, Taylor is performing nine songs -- some of his originals and some Christmas tunes, offering him huge exposure in Asia.

Click on the video in the sidebar to watch an exclusive interview with Taylor Hicks from the Philippines, and click on the photo gallery to see pictures of Taylor Hicks performing at the Asian Idol results show!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM