+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Leo
    Premium Member
    I get the feeling that people will either love him or hate him. For me - he has character, he has talent. I see him going very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I get the feeling that people will either love him or hate him.
    I agree with you 100%. I was riding the fence with him earlier on, but the more I saw him, the more I liked him. My 14 year old daughter absolutely loves him.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

3 problems with Taylor Hicks (Gray Charles):

1. His version of "Change is Gonna Come" is nowhere near David Brown's version (granted David Brown sealed his own grave with his song selection).

2. Whether his actions are that of a musician feeling the music or stchick it is gonna get old fast if he does it week in and week out as he has been doing.

3. I think he is gonna have trouble adjusting to the different genres.

Overall I think he is definitely one of the best males this year and I see him finishing somewhere between 5-7 unless he has a David Brown type melt down which I do not expect.

FORT Newbie
    Can't wait for those Joe Cocker and Ray Charles songs....he'll do Georgia for sure. It would be great if he did a harmonica performance blues riff...

He is the dark horse in this competition, I think he is unique and brings something different to this season. I'm hoping he goes far.

I think he can (and will) go far. I see him making it to the Top 12, but I don't think he'll win the whole thing.

I don't know if I'd want him to win the whole thing, honestly. I loved Bo last season and this is going to sound bad, but I think he went too far. Of course I kept voting for him so it's all my fault. I loved, loved, loved his performances and couldn't wait for a good southern rock CD to come out with his voice on it. But because he got so far instead he churned out an average cd with none of that southern personality on it. I'd hate to fall in love with Taylor's voice and performances and then have it ruined by a mediocre album with songs that don't showcase what I fell in love with. If that makes sense.

Taylor has an album out (an independent release), it came out last week. You can buy it by mail order from this place.

http://www.lasersedgecd.com/top_sellers.html
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Why does he keep moving his body from side to side? Is he ill? I find that annoying. I do like his voice. I'm looking forward to watching him perform.

Lex
    Taylor is the man! It's so cool and funny! I hope he goes far (and I think it would take a lot for him not to make the Top 12).

I love everything about this man. I think he might be my all time favorite American Idol contestant. That guy has music running through his blood!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM