+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

FORT Fanatic
    hehe...i guess AI/and whoever else involved saw that earlier recordings and originals of taylors are going around. i guess they're taking some advantage of that. and they are allowing taylor more freedom.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I haven't been able to spend much time here lately due to the health of a family member. I was hoping for some new information regarding Taylor. Record sales, tour up-date.....anything.

Does anyone else have any more recent information that you would like to share?
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 07-24-2006 at 04:17 PM.

I'm off to the American Idol concert tomorrow (Fri, July 28) at Verizon Center in Washington DC. I'll give a post-show report.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/153...headlines=true

MTV.com reports:

"American Idol winner Taylor Hicks has obtained a temporary injunction preventing his former producer from releasing a song Hicks wrote and recorded nearly 10 years ago, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The order will delay the release of "The Fall" by William Smith Productions for at least 10 days. Hicks claims the song proposed for release is an unfinished version."

So apparently Taylor is against what Mr. Smith has been doing...

Yea Pillbeam - I'll be waiting for your report!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Taylor sings DIMYP on Ellen Degeneres' Show

If you missed Taylor's appearance on Ellen Degeneres' show in June, you can catch it on Tuesday, August 1, 2006. The interview portion is short, but I think it was one of his best TV performances of his single Do I Make You Proud.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Okay gang, here are notes about my visit to Verizon stadium on July 28 in D.C.:

Taylor performed last and was great, as usual. He made his grand entrance the usual way--through the middle of the audience. Except this time it was a stadium with thousands of people and they had to open a path for him like the parting of the Red Sea. It took him several minutes to make it all the way to the stage. He sang three or four songs, but not enough to satisfy me. I would say that he has slightly more star power on TV--His charisma really shoots through the camera in way that was not quite as strong in person. Neverthless, he is still great live. I had a great seat, very close to the stage. He did not sing any of his original songs, darn. But he ruled with the harmonica! He sang the Doobie brothers song with major mojo--twirling, leaning, bopping and hopping.

Katherine was the reverse: While she had zilch charisma on TV, she had a surprising amount of star quality in person. She was wearing a glamorous 1930s type gown and looked very beautiful. Her voice also sounded better in person--even though she was kinda croaking with some kind of throat disorder. She was riveting to watch and listen to. It was her first time back on the tour since dropping out for illness. I sorta understand now why the judges got a better impression of her in person than did many of us folks at home watching her on TV. On the other hand, some of her negatives on TV did persist in person. Her awkwardness on camera was obvious at the stadium--She clomped on the stage like a horse with three hoofs. And she was kinda whiny: She really let the audience know that her sickness was still affecting her. Get over it girl, you're not being judged anymore for votes.

Elliott was the same in person: Fantastic, smooth, strong voice. Chris did his rocker thang great too. But their best performance was together--a folk-rock tune that they knocked out of the park with harmony. Their voices and performing styles really complement each other. I saw Elliott's mom outside the stadium. She was beaming while signing autographs.

Kelly was another surprise: Pretty strong singing. Ace and Lisa did their best, too. Paris was incredibly professional and sounded and looked like she could take over Broadway. Bucky did his best during a ballad with Kelly. On the TV show, I think Bucky tried too hard to sound like the gritty country rocker. For the tour, the vocal coaches toned him down enough for us to hear his nice voice.

Mandisa did a good job of opening the show. She toned down the shouting a bit, and we could hear a little more nuance in her singing.

Thanks, Pill!
    I haven't decided yet whether to go to the Portland concert, but your review makes me think maybe I will.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Interesting Pillbeam - the very first review I've read where someone thought Taylor was better on TV. I get my chance to judge on Saturday.

"DIMYP" is #1 sales single for 7th straight week.

In other Tay news courtesy of mj:

Taylor's Website slated to debut in December

Back stage after the Charlotte concert, Taylor Hicks told some Soul Patrollers that his website will be up and running in December. Taylor has hired web design company Music Today--they've designed sites for Dave Matthews and The Rolling Stones. The site will be interactive, with Taylor dropping by to chat with fans on the message boards. The boards will be a very important part of the new site, according to Taylor.

Taylor Hicks to author an inspirational tale

Lastly, this bit of news: A reader received a weekly press release from a friend who works in PR. The release lists recent book pitches to publishers:

Recent American Idol winner Taylor Hicks' HEART FULL OF SOUL, an inspirational book presenting lessons from his decades-long path to success, striving against long odds, to Rick Horgan at Crown, for publication in early 2007, in co-ordination with Hicks' album release, by Alan Nevins of The Firm (world).

The Invaluable Publishers Marketplace reported on Friday that recent American Idol winner Taylor Hicks signed a book deal. The project was described as “an inspirational book presenting lessons from his decades-long path to success, striving against long odds.” The book is scheduled for publication in early 2007 to coincide with the release of Hicks’ album. Rick Horgan at Crown bought the book for $500,000 or higher. Alan Nevins of The Firm served as agent in the deal.

Taylor Hicks has a book deal. Very interesting...
    Sing & dance the night away!

Thanks for some new information.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM