+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 272 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Okay, I liked him in the first audtion, then he bugged me in the Hollywood ones, mainly because he seemed to be over doing it. But I though his performance last night was inspired, even though he really hit some rough patches.

I don't believe he'll win though. I can't imagine young viewers voting for him.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Okay, I liked him in the first audtion, then he bugged me in the Hollywood ones, mainly because he seemed to be over doing it...
    They barely even showed him in the Hollywood rounds, how did you come to the conclusion that he was "overdoing it"?

FORT Regular
    I am all about this guy winning!!!! I want to buy his cd already.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan View Post
    They barely even showed him in the Hollywood rounds, how did you come to the conclusion that he was "overdoing it"?
    Oh, I remember seeing him jerk around alot during one Hollywood audition. I thought he was doing it to stand out and the whole thing seemed contrived, but I can understand that to a certain degree. Nevertheless, it bugged me, and turned me off.

That said, I really liked him last night and I hope he sticks around for a while.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by idowhatiamtold View Post
    ...I want to buy his cd already.

So do I. In fact, my twenty-one year old nephew (who never watches this show) took one look at him and said "I'd buy his cd".

He has a cd for sale now.....although there is a delay of 2 weeks on it

http://www.lasersedgecd.com/top_sellers.html
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Regular
    This guy is a complete joy to watch perform. My only worry is younger people wont vote for him because they either dont get him or like the way he looks with the gray hair.

I agree... Taylor is "good"... he's just ever-so-slightly annoying, in my opinion. The spazz-inator is off the charts when this guy hits the stage. I think I could enjoy a CD from him, but that's mostly because I wouldn't have to watch him.

Maybe he'll grow on me. Maybe he's just so into his music that he can't help himself. Who knows? I guess only time will tell.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I really enjoy Taylor. And yes I'm from Birmingham so I'm a bit more than biased, but still he has talent. My only fear is that his "exuberance" for want of a better word might be misinterpreted into "weirdness". As in "He's got a good voice, but he keeps moving around like Ray Charles and its weirding me out." You know what I'm trying to say?

Thanks, Bamabrain, for the Birmingham article. Very interesting about how the producers have been encouraging Taylor to move around since his first audition with the judges.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM