+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Uh....I think that blonde was me....I recently had highlights although my user pic is deceiving.

Taylor, call me. 555-HOT-BABE

Here's another EOnline article about Taylor and the tour. If I'm duplicating someone's post, please forgive my oversight:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/15100/

Taylor Hicks and the Idols on Tour! (article title dated 6/29/06)

Enjoy!

I'm pleased, Taylor is doing well on his single sales, apparently Jay Leno touted his CD the other night (and keeps referring to him as his son. LOL )

It doesn't hurt that the CD cover pic is gorgeous, either.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Childhood crush responds to Taylor Hicks

Thu Jun 29, 12:17 PM ET

NEW YORK - Two weeks after Taylor Hicks discussed his first crush as a young boy, the woman from his past has contacted People magazine.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The "American Idol" winner told People in a recent interview that he never forgot his first crush: "I was in the second grade; she was in the sixth." He added that ever since, he's always liked older women.

After reading the article, the woman, Christy Lee Worsham, called People. She's now married, and was surprised she had made such an impact on Hicks.

"He was such a fun kid," Worsham, 32, said. "I'm married. But I'd like to reconnect. He was like a brother to me."

Hicks, 29, was ranked as the "hottest bachelor" by People earlier this month. He then said he was on the lookout for another love interest: a mystery blond woman he briefly exchanged glances with on an airline flight.

A spokeswoman for People, who set up an e-mail and mailing address to help track her down, said Thursday there had been no luck yet.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060629/...e_taylor_hicks
    I wonder when they'll get together?

Taylor's single tops charts, Amazon drops price

Finally! Amazon.com has finally dropped their price for Taylor's single to $2.99 - the price they've been asking for Kat's single all along and 50 less than they were charging for DIMYP/TIttS.

Donna Reynolds (Foxes On Idol) reports that "Taylor's single, “Do I Make You Proud,” had a good second week, selling nearly 85,000 [CDs] and over 32,000 downloads for [a cumulative total of] over 345,000 copies." Here's how it did on Billboard this week:

Hot 100
    "Do I Make You Proud?": #3
    “Takin’ it to the Streets”: #92
    Pop 100
    DIMYP: # 3
    TIttS: #66

Singles Sales
    DIMYP/TIttS: #1

Hot Digital Tracks
    DIMYP: #19

Hot Digital Songs
    DIMYP: #19
    TIttS: #61

Adult Contemporary Chart
    DIMYP: #15

"He was like a brother to me"

The words every guy longs to hear!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

"I was in the second grade; she was in the sixth." [Taylor] added that ever since, he's always liked older women."

No shock that she thought of him as an older bro.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    I'm in Northern California and the commercial has aired only a few times. Whenever I hear the beginning notes I stop and watch him. He's worth it!

That jingle might make a good single.

Ihttp://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060629/115160502000.html
    I'm in Southern California, I do the same exact thing when I hear Taylor's voice in the commerical, I stop and and watch him too. He sounds so good, yes!

I think this song would make a good single too.

Taylor performs in Provo "Stadium Of Fire"

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,640190315,00.html
    ... June 29, 2006
    "'Soul' sensation: 'Idol' winner Hicks says he is excited to perform in Utah
    By Autumn Linford, Deseret Morning News
    PROVO —He may be America's favorite soul singer and hottest bachelor, but "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks, booked to perform in this year's Stadium of Fire, is just trying to keep it all in perspective.

The gray-haired, harmonica-playing, heart-wrenching singer/songwriter has had numerous honors heaped on him since winning the singing reality program in late May.

... Hicks [told] the Deseret Morning News 'I'm flattered and honored, but I'm just trying to keep everything in perspective — just trying to live and perform and sing the music.'

'The reason why he's so popular is that he is genuinely having a great time on the stage performing,' said radio DJ Joe Johnson of K-BULL 93. 'He loves what he does — it shows. He'd be out there doing it for free, even though he doesn't have to anymore. I've been behind him the whole way.'

The news that he agreed to perform at the Stadium of Fire created quite a stir around Utah County, according to planners of America's Freedom Festival at Provo, the organization that puts on the concert-and-fireworks show.

Taylor Macdonald, executive director of America's Freedom Festival at Provo, said ticket sales spiked early this month after he announced Hicks was booked.

'I've been performing for 10 years,' Hicks said. 'The stages just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm really looking forward to performing.'

He said he will perform a few songs from "American Idol" mixed in with a few of his own.

'I usually spend the Fourth of July performing or around the beach with my friends and family, just like every American does,' Hicks said. 'I'm planning on checking out a couple of the scenes maybe if I have the time. I've been on a tight schedule of late, but I'm pretty excited to be able to check some mountains out.'

The Stadium of Fire is the only chance to see Hicks perform in Utah this summer. The singer will tour several cities around the country with the other 'American Idol' finalists starting July 5, but no Utah location is on the docket.

Stadium of Fire will also feature country music star Lee Ann Womack and ... Raven Symone ... [and] will close with a grand finale of fireworks.
    Tickets are on sale from $20 to $100 and can be purchased online at www.byutickets.com or by calling 422-BYU1 (2981).

The Marriott Center ticket office in Provo is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m."
    Last edited by Grisabella; 06-30-2006 at 12:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM