+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

He'd be wise to be a spray tanner if he wants to be tan a lot of the time and not be prone to premature aging or skin cancer. Even George Hamilton's tan in recent years has been "faux."
    Besides, I don't think Taylor's gonna have a lot of time to sit in the sun for a while!

[Mod Edit]
    Last edited by speedbump; 06-23-2006 at 04:16 PM. Reason: response to deleted post
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I was visiting a friend ... a non-Idol watcher ... last evening when the show aired

Now this is just the first impression/opinion of a non-fan.

When Taylor walked out she said "Ohhhh. He's a good looking guy ."
    She laughed at the interaction and commented that he handled it and himself very well.
    She said " I really like him. "
    When he sang ... she said I like him and his voice ... but I don't like this song." ( I explained this wasn't his choice and that all Idol winners were required to sing some sap as their first out. )

She then said he reminded her of Michael Bolton ... and that she liked him.

I guess she liked him, huh ?

In any case, my point here is, Taylor is charismatic. He is appealing to people with varied tastes in music and the boy sure has some charm. He's a keeper.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

UGHH i was so mad when he won
    he does not look like a Idol
    and when he sings it looks like he's having a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
    His performance on Leno last night was awesome!! Loved the sax, it really added something extra to the song. And Tay got more couch time!! I love that Jay really seems to be a fan, it's so cute how they tease about their hair.
    The sax was okay, thought it drowned out Taylor. Jay leno really loves Taylor, they are so cute, good together, they both feed off each other, the jokes, teasing. Kevin S. was nice, funny too.

Two of my friends, 1 who has never watched AI, we went out to lunch together and I was playing the AI cd, Taylor's TITTS, asked her what she thought. Said "he has a very good voice". My other friend also said she and her husband were rooting for Taylor, they liked him too. They're an older couple.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I was visiting a friend ... a non-Idol watcher ... last evening when the show aired

Now this is just the first impression/opinion of a non-fan.

When Taylor walked out she said "Ohhhh. He's a good looking guy ."
    She laughed at the interaction and commented that he handled it and himself very well.
    She said " I really like him. "
    When he sang ... she said I like him and his voice ... but I don't like this song." ( I explained this wasn't his choice and that all Idol winners were required to sing some sap as their first out. )

She then said he reminded her of Michael Bolton ... and that she liked him.

I guess she liked him, huh ?

In any case, my point here is, Taylor is charismatic. He is appealing to people with varied tastes in music and the boy sure has some charm. He's a keeper.

I had a similar experience with a friend of mine. I received an e-mail this morning from this friend. She said she had seen the Ford commercial over the weekend and she liked the commercial and the way Taylor sang.

Then she asked me how and when she could get his CD! Another fan won over, just from a commercial!

There is a great interview on a Taylor related sight that I'm not able to link because of rules, but I can pass on that there will be a live band on the Pop Tart Tour and Taylor is very excited about the musical direction on the tour.

Haven't the Idol tours always had live bands? I know the AI 2 and AI 4 tours did.
    Is Taylor hinting that his band may be performing in some of the shows? That would be great.

No word that his band is performing. I believe this was mentioned, because there was an article in the past couple of weeks that said there would only be backing tracks, instead of a live band. Taylor said he never heard that, and the band is definitely live.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Taylor to appear on Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series on July 21st - set your Tivos/VCRs.
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM