+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

First of all a little disclaimer as I only heard the tail end of this, but if I understood correctly, and I think I did .... "Rita Cosby Live" on MSNBC will host ALL 10 American Idol finalists on her show on Thursday, June 22.

She said everyone on the staff was very excited as they are going to hang out with them ... in LA I think ... as they prepare for their "record breaking" tour. Apparently many, many venues are totally sold out and tickets sales to the "Idols Live" concert are Number One in summer sales, outselling everything/everyone such as Sports, Broadway (Wicked) and other music concerts/tours such as Madonna.

They attribute all of this to the exceptional popularity of this season's winner and mentioned that the things Taylor has been doing, like the Snoop Dogg thing is just underscoring his versatility in the industry. They say this clearly illustrates that he's not just another assembly line "idol" but is in this to stay and is a very smart business person/strategist as well.

I've seen a few of the things she has done through the Idol Season and they do gush a lot .... but they love Taylor.

They also commented about the success of AI in general and the fact that the buzz continues this long after the show is over. They said this season has elevated the show to being accepted as a real presence in the industry.

Note ... I paraphrased their comments above but hope you get the general idea.

As for the Cosby Live appearance by the top 10 ... I don't know if or what time she's on earlier in the evening as I occasionally catch it at Midnight Central time.

Oh ... I just read on another MB an account of a young girl who was invited to meet and take pictures with Taylor ( when he and Kat were on Today ) for a Life Magazine shoot ? Sheesh ... at this rate this guy may end up Time's Man of the Year. ... Anyway she said he is very tall and very gorgeous in person ... and I am very jealous.

Editting to add:
    Ooops ... sorry ... that FOI article does confirm the finalists on with Rita Cosby on Thursday ... but I posted this before I read the article. Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already knew. I guess it's a baaaaad case of Tayloritis. Thanks for your tolerance,
    Last edited by echo226; 06-21-2006 at 01:25 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks Libra, Graycat & Echo. This is very exciting and way to go Soul Patrol!!!! I found a great place for Taylor information as I am sure many you have as well. Hint....just look at my picture and especially the name.

I don't think it's just Taylor's popularity that's selling the AI concerts. Everyone in the top ten have their fans that want to see them. I'd love to see Chris and will watch Rita Crosby's show for that alone. Taylor seems to be getting enough press so I hope they don't just concentrate on him. I guess you fans may disagree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I don't think it's just Taylor's popularity that's selling the AI concerts. Everyone in the top ten have their fans that want to see them. I'd love to see Chris and will watch Rita Crosby's show for that alone. Taylor seems to be getting enough press so I hope they don't just concentrate on him. I guess you fans may disagree with me.
    I agree that it's not just because of Taylor that the concerts are selling out so well. Everyone has their favorites.

I think that the concerts are selling so well because of the diversity of this year's contestants. There was somebody for each of us to get rabid about. I think they were selling out even before we knew who won. As much as I love Taylor, the success of this concert is/will be a group effort.

Way to go Soul patrol - getting Taylor his first, but, hopefully not last, #1.

I agree that the diversity of this season has helped the sales for the tour, and I like a number of the top 10. But, I wouldn't be attending if it weren't for Taylor, especially after reading so many articles about how much more electric he is when you see him perform live.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I think that the concerts are selling so well because of the diversity of this year's contestants. There was somebody for each of us to get rabid about. I think they were selling out even before we knew who won. As much as I love Taylor, the success of this concert is/will be a group effort.
    That was pretty much what Taylor said when he was asked about the popularity of ticket sales for the concert when asked on the Today Show.

Exiting news for June 22nd:

Top 10 Appearing on Rita Cosby Live and Direct

The Top 10 will appear on Rita Cosby Live and Direct this Thursday, June 22, 10p EDT on MSNBC...

source: http://mjsbigblog.com/categories/americanIdol/

YEAH TAYLOR!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060621/en_music_eo/19325

Charts: Hicks Clicks, Busta Moves (article title)

Cue the wooo! Taylor Hicks' shtick is playing big with music fans.

Capping an epic month in which he won American Idol, got a record deal, shot a Ford commercial and was named People's Hottest Bachelor, the silver-haired crooning sensation is now king of the charts, with his first single, "Do I Make You Proud," topping pretty much every pop ranking in sight.

The tune, performed on the May 24 Idol finale and released last week backed by his rendition of the Doobie Brothers' "Takin' It to the Streets," opened at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, the Billboard Pop 100 and the Billboard Single Sales chart, moving more than 190,000 copies for the week ended Sunday.

"I've been a hard working musician for the past ten years trying to become the best singer and harmonica player I could be and I'm thrilled that I can now focus entirely on my music," says Hicks. "Having a number one single is only the beginning."

There's more to the article. It was too long to post here.

Enjoy!

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Taylor Hicks' shtick

Huh, I kinda resent that remark but anyway...congrats Taylor!! It's great to see him finally get all the recognition he deserves.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM