+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    Thanks for the links!

The photo from People magazine is a good photo of Taylor. Yikes, his appearance has certainly changed from the photo that starts this thread!

The only thing that bugged me about the pic? Couldnt they find some girls older than 15 for the photo? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra40 View Post
    Somebody said today that these sales wont be counted in the 150k unless you DL the album single for 1.98. ...
    True. It doesn't count as a purchase of the "standard" single unless you buy both songs ($1.98 on iTunes).
    I know his album single isn't even anywhere in the top 100. I don't think anyone is aware of it.
    It can't show up on Billboard's sales charts till next week.
    It went on sale yesterday, a day which is included in next week's charts.
    There's no way to know about it unless you were to look for it. Someone on another board found it by clicking on the main page on his CD cover but no one is DL it. Last year Carries album single was #1 on the albums. Maybe that's where her DL totals came from. I'm afraid Taylor won't have any DL totals to carry over to his debut sale.
    Are you saying iTunes isn't showing it on their main page? He isn't getting any promo there?
    If so, you're probably right, only the Soul Patrol will know they can buy the "album single" online and have it count.
    Not necessarily a huge problem though. First week sales are important but it's also important for sales to carry over for a few more weeks.
    I think people who are used to buying their music online will probably search for Taylor on iTunes if they like him.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Newbie
    As I understand it, Billboard now does a Digital Singles Chart that reflects paid downloads of individual songs. They award a digital Gold award for 100k paid downloads and Platinum for 200k.
    (This is a fairly new Billboard chart.)
    For paid dowloads to count the same as a purchase of a "standard" (CD) single, you have to buy both (or in some cases all 3) 'sides' of the CD single -- in this case, both DIMYP? and TIttS. (You might even have to purchase the songs as an "album" on iTunes (or Wal-Mart.com, etc.). I'm not sure about that.)
    What I don't know is whether a single purchase can count for both the BB Singles Sales chart -- the one that combines CD purchases and both-sides online purchases -- and the BB Digital Downloads chart and RIAA Digital awards.

I'm guessing no. But I really don't know.
    Thanks for the info. I don't think Taylor will have any digitial sales to boost his sales of 150k(assuming that's accurate) then. His album single is available on itunes for 1.98(both songs) but I don't think anybody knows it's there. Instead they've been DL both songs individually thinking that may help his billboard sales. I looked in the top 100 sales and it's not even charted wheras Carrie's charted at #1 but her fans were aware of it. AH well.

FORT Newbie
    It can't show up on Billboard's sales charts till next week.
    It went on sale yesterday, a day which is included in next week's charts.

Quote:
    There's no way to know about it unless you were to look for it. Someone on another board found it by clicking on the main page on his CD cover but no one is DL it. Last year Carries album single was #1 on the albums. Maybe that's where her DL totals came from. I'm afraid Taylor won't have any DL totals to carry over to his debut sale.

Are you saying iTunes isn't showing it on their main page? He isn't getting any promo there?
    If so, you're probably right, only the Soul Patrol will know they can buy the "album single" online and have it count.
    Not necessarily a huge problem though. First week sales are important but it's also important for sales to carry over for a few more weeks.
    I think people who are used to buying their music online will probably search for Taylor on iTunes if they like him.
    No, I meant it isn't charting on itunes anywhere on album sales. LIke Carrie went to #1 on the album itune chart last year. Both singles are charting fairly high on individual songs. They are showing his CD on the main page but I don't think anyone knew they could download the single. I've been on the other boards and people are DL the individual songs, not the single. Most everybody thinks those DL totals will be included in his Debut total. It's a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanos Gal View Post
    DIMYP is #11 at Amazon for Popular Music. ("My Destiny" is #112.)
    This is awesome! Can't wait for Taylor's CD release (when is it slated for?) Meanwhile, I'll just have to stick to Do I Make You Proud and Takin' It To The Streets... But a whole hour of Taylor in my car (when I finally get one... lol... till then, it'll be in my CD player in the living room!) would be heaven. Speaking of which, I'd like to hear him sing Heaven by Bryan Adams....
    2003-2008.

I'm not positive it doesn't count as a "single album" sale if you purchase dowloads of both songs together (i.e., as one order). I would really like to get a definitive answer from SoundScan about this. It really is confusing to the vast majority of music fans.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Grisabella - Where can I find all of the sales figures for past idol contestants? I wanted to see overall album sales as well as first week sales on singles. Thanks!

Saw Taylor on ET last night, it was really good. He sang and danced well, the song is catchy.

He also looks much slimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    Saw Taylor on ET last night, it was really good. He sang and danced well, the song is catchy.

He also looks much slimmer.

Taylor looked GREAT!!! I can't wait to see the commercial. This guy is like the most popular American Idol EVER and Ford is very smart to put him in the spotlight. Everyone LOVES Taylor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    Taylor looked GREAT!!! I can't wait to see the commercial. This guy is like the most popular American Idol EVER and Ford is very smart to put him in the spotlight. Everyone LOVES Taylor!!!
    Sorry but that's not exactly true. If you're in the Soul Patrol I guess it seems that everyone loves him but there are plenty of us out there that don't care about him at all.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM