+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    The ET! announcement says they will be showing footage of the filming of a commercial that Taylor is doing for somebody. (PLEASE don't let it be "Just For Men!")
    Actually, didn't I read somewhere about "Head and Shoulders" offering him a deal? I really hope he doesn't take something like that! (but I'll probably be buying me a bottle if Tay endorses it, dandruff or no )
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Well, using Head and Shoulders doesn't mean you have dandruff. It can just mean you don't want to get it.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
    TAYLOR MADE FOR THE FIRM

The Soul Patrol is coming to The Firm. Chalk up another one for the management company as it inks American Idol winner Taylor Hicks, who now joins fellow champ Kelly Clarkson there, an outgrowth of the successful relationship between The Firm and Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment. Hicks' debut album comes out on 19/Arista Records later this year. "Do I Make You Proud," ... , will be released as the first single this Tuesday (6/13). (6/12/06)

The bolded part seems odd to me. Clay hired high-powered attorneys to get him out of his contract with 19M so he could sign with The Firm. That was about the time he was touring with Kelly (the Independent Tour) under 19E, and Kelly later followed suit, dumping 19M for The Firm. (Mario Vasquez hired the same lawyer to negotiate his way through the legal complications when he withdrew from the AI4 competition. And now he's been signed by Clive, with J Records.) I am wondering if 19E maybe 'saw the light' a bit after their protegés were so eager to dump 19M and they've worked out some sort of partnership with their former adversary/rival.

Anyway, it does seem to be official that Taylor is managed by The Firm --- but that they are now tied to 19E in some way.

Amazon Has Shipped!

Got an email tonight from Amazon telling me that Taylor's single (I ordered a few copies for friends and family ) has shipped today! Seems to be a day before the "official" release date.

Even though most of you won't read this until June 13th because of the time difference, my CD came today (June 12th)! It sounds exactly the same as the studio version we have all heard already, though. Anyway, since we are usually the last to get things out here, it was nice to receive it a day early.

Let's hear it for his CD single - GO TAYLOR! I hope it sells like crazy.

Does anyone know if Best Buy, Circuit City, Target or K-Mart carry Taylor's single? Could go to Wal Mart but it's not that convenient. Looked in all the adds and none of them have it advertised .

Think I'll go online and look at their advertisements or call them.

I'm sure all of them do. I've always bought AI stuff at Best Buy.

I just heard we should keep a look out for any new Ford Commericals....

Got Taylor's cd at Target, yay!

Circuit City told me a year or so ago that they no longer carry singles.

I think Target has a few. Probably K-Mart too. Stores like Wherehouse, Sam Goody's, Tower Records (are they the ones that folded?), etc. also carry them. So does Walgreen's, but I'm not 100% positive they report to SoundScan.

If you're in the Pac. NW, Fred Meyer has some singles.

Don't buy the CDs from Costco, Sam's Club, or any record club (including Amazon's buyers' club) if you want the purchase to count for SoundScan).

I think Best Buy does report to SoundScan.

Amazon (non club) definitely does, and the sale will count for the week in which they ship it to you.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM