+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I ordered mine from Borders, they say it will go out the 13th and arrive around the 17th. That's why I'll be paying double at the local Sam Goody for one on the 13th. Sure would be nice to have a decent store where I live. The only other store that sells cds is K-Mart and they still haven't gotten the AI5 compilation in - online ordering is my friend.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    ...Just to see whether it will be reported to SoundScan, I wrote an email to Amazon. I will post their answer as soon as I get it. I also asked about shipping before the release date.
    It will be reported to SoundScan, even if they ship it early. I hope you asked them what week it would count for if they shipped it early, because that would be good info for all of us.

In some ways it doesn't matter, but people often like to gauge an artist's popularity by first week sales. If stored sell thousands of copies early, that can be a real blow to that artist's "record" for debut week sales. (no pun intended)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    It will be reported to SoundScan, even if they ship it early. I hope you asked them what week it would count for if they shipped it early, because that would be good info for all of us.

In some ways it doesn't matter, but people often like to gauge an artist's popularity by first week sales. If stored sell thousands of copies early, that can be a real blow to that artist's "record" for debut week sales. (no pun intended)
    I agree, I want Taylor to hit it out of the ballpark in the first week.

And OldSchoolBabe, I heard Graycharles has pretty much confirmed (through his source) that Taylor will be in the Most Eligible Bachelor's issue of People out in stores on June 14th. Pretty exciting, huh?

Sure is exciting, Shar! Here's another chance to see Taylor - ET this Wednesday!

Show: Entertainment Tonight
    Episode: (#6458) - 2006/06/14
    Network: (SYN) Syndicated
    Date: Wednesday - June 14, 2006
    Time: 7/6c PM
    Duration: 0:30

About: Entertainment Tonight: (#6458) - 2006/06/14
    "The Lake House." Sounds like the perfect "date movie" to us! So, will co-stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock cruise the red carpet at the premiere? Turn on ET. Then: discover why Gayle King is way-y-y more than just Oprah's best friend in an up-close interview; we're on the set to score your first look at an upcoming TV commercial featuring newly minted "American Idol" Taylor Hicks; and back off, Suri & Shiloh - Gwen Stefani's son Kingston swipes the cute baby spotlight!

Taylor on Jay Leno 6/22! I'm sure he'll be singing DIMYP, to promote the single.

Show: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
    Episode: 2006/06/22
    Network: (NBC) NBC Television Network
    Date: Thursday - June 22, 2006
    Time: 11:35/10:35c PM
    Duration: 1:00

About: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: 2006/06/22
    Kevin Spacey; musical guest Taylor Hicks.

Thanks for the info, OSB! I wonder what the commercial is going to be about?

I got a response from Amazon, but they didn't say anything about the week pre-order numbers will be submitted. I'm hoping the source on that other site is right about all preorders being reflected in the first week. That would seem the reasonable thing to do. Here's a snippet from their response:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm glad you thought of contacting us with your question.

Please be assured that all sales (whether shipped early or not) will
    be included in the Nielsen SoundScan report.

In some cases, these items may enter the shipping process just prior
    to the release date. When possible, we do this to ensure that you get
    the item as soon as possible after the release date.
    So it's confirmed that the fact I'm out here in the middle of the Pacific is why they shipped it early.
    Last edited by Sharrhys; 06-10-2006 at 04:55 PM.

elk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD View Post

Hey, gang. If you missed Taylor on Ellen's show, it seems Oxygen is going to replay the show tonight at midnight. At least in some areas. Check your own cable listings because I don't know if Oxygen runs shows at the same time everywhere.

It is worth watching this show just for Taylor's performance of Takin' It to the Streets. He did a great job.
    Sandy, when I saw the Ellen show with Taylor on it a couple of weeks ago, he sang DIMYP and that was it. Did he do another Ellen Show after that? Hope I didn't miss it!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe View Post
    Sure is exciting, Shar! Here's another chance to see Taylor - ET this Wednesday!

Show: Entertainment Tonight
    Episode: (#6458) - 2006/06/14
    Network: (SYN) Syndicated
    Date: Wednesday - June 14, 2006
    Time: 7/6c PM
    Duration: 0:30

About: Entertainment Tonight: (#6458) - 2006/06/14
    "The Lake House." Sounds like the perfect "date movie" to us! So, will co-stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock cruise the red carpet at the premiere? Turn on ET. Then: discover why Gayle King is way-y-y more than just Oprah's best friend in an up-close interview; we're on the set to score your first look at an upcoming TV commercial featuring newly minted "American Idol" Taylor Hicks; and back off, Suri & Shiloh - Gwen Stefani's son Kingston swipes the cute baby spotlight!

Is this a repeat of Taylor's appearance on Leno a couple of weeks ago, or is this a new appearance? Does anyone know?

It is a new one. The other guest listed is Kevin Spacey.

Taylor has only been on Ellen once. I read about the Oxygen replay of that show but I couldn't see it because I didn't have cable access that day.
    Maybe Sandy said TIttS when she meand DIMYP. Stranger things have happened.

I do know that the June 22 appearance on Leno is a new one. Taylor will be Jay's musical guest that night.

The ET! announcement says they will be showing footage of the filming of a commercial that Taylor is doing for somebody. (PLEASE don't let it be "Just For Men!")
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM