+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Sigh. I happened to find a bit of AI on a videotape... Taylor's performance of "In the Ghetto" during Elvis Presley week. And man... how I miss my weekly AI fixes!

Are there any other coming Taylor appearances?
    2003-2008.

I'm a Clay Aiken fan, was on one of his web sites. Someone posted that a DJ was comparing Taylor to Clay and saying that it was because of Taylor's style not substance that he won. That made me a little angry but I refrained from saying anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    I'm a Clay Aiken fan, was on one of his web sites. Someone posted that a DJ was comparing Taylor to Clay and saying that it was because of Taylor's style not substance that he won. That made me a little angry but I refrained from saying anything!!
    I wouldn't sweat it much. Some DJs love to bash Idol alumni, especially the ones that weren't their favorites. (And sometimes I think they do it just for 'clever banter'.)

What does "style" as opposed to "substance" mean in this context anyway?

Taylor and Clay are both from the south, both over 25, and single. BFD
    The main thing they have in common is that they both drew large, devoted fan bases on Idol, starting from their early auditions -- in both of which cases, Simon was against advancing them to the Hollywood round, based on "image." Other than that, I see little similarity.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Hot Taylor rumor - he'll be included in People's Hot Bachelor's issue, on stands June 14th. Fact: in Life Magazine's June 30th issue.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Thanks for the head's up, OldSchoolBabe.

Yeah! Amazon sent out my order for DIMYP today (I'm assuming the same applies to everyone else who pre-ordered)! But since I'm in Hawaii, it probably won't get here until after the official release date.

Yeah, thanks, OSB! kiss
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    Yeah! Amazon sent out my order for DIMYP today (I'm assuming the same applies to everyone else who pre-ordered)! But since I'm in Hawaii, it probably won't get here until after the official release date.
    Sharrhys, you don't want to get it before the official release date, do you? If Amazon even shipped it before June 13, the sale would not count for Taylor's first week Soundscan sales.
    (Did they really already send it? Or did they just confirm your order? If they are 'jumping the gun', they are not doing Taylor any favors.)

I'm going to buy one online during the first week, to make sure the sale counts for SoundScan for week 1. Then I'll check out the prices at other retailers to find the best place to buy a hard copy so I can have the pretty cover photo.

BTW, did y'all notice that Amazon is selling Kat's single for 50 cents LESS than Taylor's? Wonder if RCA is trying to get a competitive edge over Arista in the "Idol wars."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Yeah, thanks, OSB! kiss
    Sharrhys, you don't want to get it before the official release date, do you? If Amazon even shipped it before June 13, the sale would not count for Taylor's first week Soundscan sales.
    (Did they really already send it? Or did they just confirm your order? If they are 'jumping the gun', they are not doing Taylor any favors.)

I'm going to buy one online during the first week, to make sure the sale counts for SoundScan for week 1. Then I'll check out the prices at other retailers to find the best place to buy a hard copy so I can have the pretty cover photo.

BTW, did y'all notice that Amazon is selling Kat's single for 50 cents LESS than Taylor's? Wonder if RCA is trying to get a competitive edge over Arista in the "Idol wars."
    They confirmed the order was shipped. I assumed they turn in all pre-order sales numbers or they wouldn't be able to sell it in this manner. Amazon usually ships all of my pre-orders before the release date (Harry Potter, Narnia,etc.) so it should be standard procedure. I have to look into it...

O.K., this is what I found:

Here's an article http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...oundscan.shtml that says that Amazon does report to Soundscan - the relevant excerpt:

Internet sales in the year 2000 comprised 1.6% of total album sales. The dramatic increase in reported Internet sales was due in part to the addition of Amazon.com as a SoundScan reporter.

I also read on another thread that all pre-orders are counted with the first week sales.
    Last edited by Sharrhys; 06-09-2006 at 07:22 PM.

That is good to know, Shar. I don't think that applies to retail stores that sell the CDs before the release date though.

Hey, gang. If you missed Taylor on Ellen's show, it seems Oxygen is going to replay the show tonight at midnight. At least in some areas. Check your own cable listings because I don't know if Oxygen runs shows at the same time everywhere.

It is worth watching this show just for Taylor's performance of Takin' It to the Streets. He did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Yeah, thanks, OSB! kiss

I just checked Amazon and my order for the CD says "not yet shipped" and expected delivery date is June 15th, so that means they won't ship mine until the 13th when it's released. Just as I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    I just checked Amazon and my order for the CD says "not yet shipped" and expected delivery date is June 15th, so that means they won't ship mine until the 13th when it's released. Just as I expected.
    I'm thinking it has something to do with being out here in Hawaii (any international people out there?). I received "The Chronicles of Narnia" in the mail a few days before it was released.

Just to see whether it will be reported to SoundScan, I wrote an email to Amazon. I will post their answer as soon as I get it. I also asked about shipping before the release date.

Here's a snippet from today's email (now you will know what other things I like to buy )...

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Amazon.com, LLC items:
    1 Leap Frog - Learn to Read ... $9.99 1 $9.99
    1 Pride & Prejudice (Widescr... $11.99 1 $11.99
    1 "Do I Make You Proud" / "T... $3.49 1 $3.49

They also estimated it will arrive on June 24th. I guess it can take that long, but it usually gets here 5 days after they ship. Probably by June 14 or 15th, I imagine.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM