+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

"Under The Radar" at Amazon is NOT Taylor's album!

Heads up, Taylor fans!

If you go to Amazon.com and search for "Taylor Hicks" you will be taken to a listing for his upcoming single AND for an album titled "Under The Radar." Taylor did self-release an (excellent) album with that title back in 2005, but it is NOT the one that Amazon is selling.

If you are a member at Amazon, please send them some feedback and ask them to fix their links. They have that one and another album by another artist that come up as listings when you search for Taylor. I was about to order "Under The Radar," but I noticed the album cover was different. (Taylor's is B&W with his pic on it.) So I clicked for more info and that's when I discovered it's not his album.

Please spread the word so people won't waste their money buying the wrong album just because of a common title.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Heads up, Taylor fans!

If you go to Amazon.com and search for "Taylor Hicks" you will be taken to a listing for his upcoming single AND for an album titled "Under The Radar." Taylor did self-release an (excellent) album with that title back in 2005, but it is NOT the one that Amazon is selling.

If you are a member at Amazon, please send them some feedback and ask them to fix their links. They have that one and another album by another artist that come up as listings when you search for Taylor. I was about to order "Under The Radar," but I noticed the album cover was different. (Taylor's is B&W with his pic on it.) So I clicked for more info and that's when I discovered it's not his album.

Please spread the word so people won't waste their money buying the wrong album just because of a common title.
    I noticed the same thing. Read it over several times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Taylor will be on the cover of an upcoming issue of Alabama Live. Last year Bo was on the cover and there was a 10-page spread of photos and stories about him. They say this year's Taylor feature will be even bigger. Plus they will have updates on Bo, Ruben, and Diana DeGarmo (who was born in Birmingham).

You can get this by subscribing or by ordering the single issue at the http://www.alabamaalive.net/
    website.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Of course I don't find Alicia Keys and Mandy Moore unfortunate in the looks department! They just aren't very bright.
    for me!
    Well, according to the "Book of Pharoah" then, members of the Soul Patrol are either "unfortunate" in the looks department, "aren't very bright", or both?

Anyway, here's a nice review of the AI Album - nice for Taylor fans, that is:

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/cd_re.../02/cd_report/

I like how he says "Taking it to the Streets" is the only cut that comes out as a "real song." He has a point - Taylor always makes songs his own and have you noticed how he always changes his melodic embellishments every time he sings? You never get the same performance because there is always a twist - just another of the many reasons why he won.

In other words, that's what you call real talent.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD View Post
    Taylor will be on the cover of an upcoming issue of Alabama Live. Last year Bo was on the cover and there was a 10-page spread of photos and stories about him. They say this year's Taylor feature will be even bigger. Plus they will have updates on Bo, Ruben, and Diana DeGarmo (who was born in Birmingham).

You can get this by subscribing or by ordering the single issue at the http://www.alabamaalive.net/
    website.

And a warning - I ordered this magazine when Bo was featured. I waited months and months and months to get my copy. By the time I got it, I wasn't interested any longer because it was old news (although I still love Bo). I glanced at the photos, didn't even read the article.

Maybe they've improved, but in case they haven't, be prepared to wait!!

Wow - he jammed on "Taking it to the Streets" during the 2006 Wal-Mart Shareholders meeting. You could tell his voice is a bit strained and fatigued in DIMYP, though (often vocal fatigue will show itself in ballads). He has been singing and interviewing non-stop and I give him credit for his endurance and ability to perform so well despite all of this.

I believe I can't post the performance link here, but select the music tab on on the Wal-Mart website.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Of course I don't find Alicia Keys and Mandy Moore unfortunate in the looks department! They just aren't very bright.
    for me!

Actually, Alicia Keys is a musical prodigy who started playing classical music as a small kid. Based on her musicianship alone she was offered recording contracts when she was a teen. She writes her own songs, plays the piano and sings brilliantly. The foundation of her pop music is her sophisticated jazz sensibility. I think some of us could use some of her smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    He does a nice interview with Ellen and says that he thought it was going to be Chris to the end. He said Chris' elimination came to a shock to everyone and that he was sad to see him go.

IMO Taylor looks really tired. I hope he gets some much needed rest soon
    I didn't watch the show but wonder how Ellen was with Taylor. It was clear when Chris was on that she was so upset that he had been sent home. I wonder if Chris will take her up on her offer to give him advice.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM