Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Taylor Signed a Record Deal !!
    With Clive Davis

See Media Thread!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigal View Post
    ... and speaking of Alicia Keyes, I know this is pretty old and y'all may have seen it already, but I was excited to hear she caught the Taylor vibe too!!!

http://www.al.com/entertainment/birm...190.xml&coll=2

Hmmm ... am wondering if Pharoah finds Alicia 'unfortunate' in the looks department ... or Mandy Moore for that matter???
    Of course I don't find Alicia Keys and Mandy Moore unfortunate in the looks department! They just aren't very bright.
    for me!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    I don't mean to sound disrespectful, by why would you send stuff to people you don't know, ie. celebrities? I send things to family members and shut-ins I know. Sending something like jewelry sounds a little creepy. I'm sure he didn't mention it as he was probably embarassed or afraid for his family's safety from stalkers.

Again, I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but I'm very curious why folks do the things they do.
    I donated a few bucks to the Bice Squad to send a gift basket, or whatever to Bo. There were thousands of members, so I think they raised a lot of money. Out of the money they raised they also sent donations to Bo's favourite charities. No, I wasn't out shopping and trying to send Bo a special gift just from me.

I don't think the Bice Squad is the only fan club to do this sort of thing. I remember how touched Katharine was that her fan clubs sent her 1,000 roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    I donated a few bucks to the Bice Squad to send a gift basket, or whatever to Bo. There were thousands of members, so I think they raised a lot of money. Out of the money they raised they also sent donations to Bo's favourite charities. No, I wasn't out shopping and trying to send Bo a special gift just from me.

I don't think the Bice Squad is the only fan club to do this sort of thing. I remember how touched Katharine was that her fan clubs sent her 1,000 roses.
    I can't find the post ... but someone posted that Taylor's fans sent him ONE rose ... and used the money collected to buy phones to vote for him and then donated the phones ... to a woman's shelter I think.

Um ... speaking of bright people and bright ideas ... nothing like maximizing the usefulness and reach of the collected funds !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigal View Post
    Speaking of which, did you hear Taylor has described his time with AI as 'dancing with the devil'!!! LOL! Great interview with Rolling Stone ... finally an interview that doesn't ask the bland and boring aka how did you feel ... was it good to prove Simon wrong ... blah blah blah. They actually get into his taste in music ... and he is quite the music afficiando:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto..._american_idol
    I listened to this one. It's a terrific interview - it's the only one out there that doesn't ask the same questions over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    The reason they are sticking Kat with Taylor constantly is to give some sort of legitimacy to the competition. They have to have someone that even remotely looks and sounds like the title implies, otherwise it just comes off as a SNL sketch.

And you know this for a fact because you have a direct line to the Producers and they told you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    The reason they are sticking Kat with Taylor constantly is to give some sort of legitimacy to the competition. They have to have someone that even remotely looks and sounds like the title implies, otherwise it just comes off as a SNL sketch.
    Hmmm...I'd say it's the other way around. They kept Taylor around, because of his many talents. Kat was like a "sidekick".
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Just a reminder that Taylor is on Ellen today. His interview seemed kind of short IMO. He sang and sounded great.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Remember that Ellen's show is syndicated. You have to check local listings for both time and channel.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

He does a nice interview with Ellen and says that he thought it was going to be Chris to the end. He said Chris' elimination came to a shock to everyone and that he was sad to see him go.

IMO Taylor looks really tired. I hope he gets some much needed rest soon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM