+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

to the Fort Blues Fan.

I agree, Maj, that Taylor could do really well with "Levon." I'm just a tad nervous cuz the song is one of Elton's John's most sweeping, emotional melodies. Also, AI is famous for hacking the amount of time people have to sing their songs. But if anyone can pull it off, it's Taylor.

On Elton's record, there is huge orchestration backing the song at points--I hope the AI band could fulfill its mission on this, too. Of course, Taylor could go the counter-intuitive route and do it as a quiet folk song.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 02-21-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Pillbeam, I wonder how much time they will get for this show. It is a two hour show, & ususally they squeeze 12 performances into an hour. Maybe they will be able to stretch a little.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Pillbeam, I wonder how much time they will get for this show. It is a two hour show, & ususally they squeeze 12 performances into an hour. Maybe they will be able to stretch a little.
    Well, the longer they can give Taylor to sing, the better. The downside is that I'd have to endure hearing Kelly Pickler sing longer too.

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH View Post
    I have heard Levon many times and I think Taylor can knock it out of the park. I have no worries whatsoever.
    I agree! That's actually one of my favorites by Elton, and I think it suits Taylor's style quite well. I'd love to hear him sing it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Sakes alive! Taylor doing "Georgia" is simply fantastic.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fogey
    I liked Taylor the very first time I saw him, but he's already grating on my last nerve. It's like he's trying so hard to act like music is just throughout his entire body and it's coming off as a neurological disorder. Sadly, it's exactly the type of person that people will vote for time and time again.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Fan View Post
    Hello everybody,

I'm a blues fan and its been 5 seasons and no one has actually sold himself as a BLUES singer other than Taylor Hicks.

I hear from various sources ( and a friend who works in Hollywood ) that Taylor will be singing the Elton John song -- LEVON.

Now, Elton has numerous hits that I know of ( e.g., Circle of Life, Candle in the Wind, Daniel, Crocodile Rock), but LEVON, I've never heard of.

If you've heard this song before, can anyone tell me if it fits Taylor's style and genre at all ?

I hope so. Many a talented performer have fallen by the wayside in American Idol due to poor song choice ( see for example, Nadia Turner). I hope this isn't the case with Taylor. I'd like to see him go deep into the top 10.

Wednesday is your chance to create a first impression and you've gotta sing your best. I hope LEVON does justice to Taylor's style and genre.
    In Canadian Idol 1, 3rd place finisher Billy Klippert sang "Levon" and eventually recorded it for his first album. He did pretty well with this song. I can imagine Taylor also doing a good job.

*FA edit- links to filesharing site*
    Last edited by speedbump; 02-21-2006 at 07:31 PM.

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.
    Wow! 7 pages already! He has the most out of everyone and I hope that is a good sign! I haven't read through every post on here though. My fiance and I both liked Taylor the minute we heard his audition. He was different and we loved that. We get so tired of the prissy diva, teenagers and the pretty boys! He has a great sound and a unique look! I look forward to hearing him sing and he definitely has our votes!

Levon

Agreed ... with his voice and style, he has the potential to 'knock it out of the park.' Can't wait to hear it. One of my favorite EJ songs.

Just a quick reminder that links to filesharing sites (i.e., megaupload, yousendit, etc) are not allowed.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM