+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 272 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    Hi Enya. If you look up thread, you can see that his CD is available for sale now, from here.

http://www.lasersedgecd.com/top_sellers.html

(and off-topic, now I see what you're doing now that there's no NIM to look at )
    Kewl!
    I am surprised but happy.
    I think Constantine's band was allowed to sell theirs because Idol could not deprive his band mates of the right to sell their own album just because he was on the show. And something like that happened with Bo's band too didn't it? I don't think a contestant can put out a new CD while the show is on can they?

And yeah I am seriously going through computer-generated-sea-monster withdrawal!

I hope they don't dye his hair, he could use a haircut, but don't dye it !

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Not online much anymore but I still surf in from time to time. I've downloaded all 4 of his songs and listen to them constantly. This man doesn't just 'sing' music...he is music.

And he looks fine with dark hair, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I like that song a lot too!

Anyone else who is interested can listen to it and 2 other songs here - >
    http://www.wbhm.org/Tapestry/bands/TaylorHicks.html

I really dig these songs a lot. He's got kind of a Rod Stewart thing going on with "Hell of a Day." I can see him doing well with soul, rock, country... pretty much everything except disco and hip-hop.

Thanks for the link, Maj. Nice to hear more music bites from him.

My husband saw Taylor for the first time when Taylor walked toward the judges singing and playing harmonica. My husband said, "He's too good for American Idol." I guess that's true, since most of the contestants are amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    My husband said, "He's too good for American Idol." I guess that's true, since most of the contestants are amateurs.
    What a nice compliment, pillbeam. Judging by the pages for Taylor HERE and at other sites, I'd say it's going to be a Win-Win situation for Taylor this year.

I've rewatched last weeks episodes 4-5 times so far, as I just can't get enough of Taylor's looks and personality. It's so nice to have an "idol" who has self-avowed clay feet.

I haven't been this excited about the show since Clay and Ruben were on, together.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Newbie

Taylor's song for this Wednesday

Hello everybody,

I'm a blues fan and its been 5 seasons and no one has actually sold himself as a BLUES singer other than Taylor Hicks.

I hear from various sources ( and a friend who works in Hollywood ) that Taylor will be singing the Elton John song -- LEVON.

Now, Elton has numerous hits that I know of ( e.g., Circle of Life, Candle in the Wind, Daniel, Crocodile Rock), but LEVON, I've never heard of.

If you've heard this song before, can anyone tell me if it fits Taylor's style and genre at all ?

I hope so. Many a talented performer have fallen by the wayside in American Idol due to poor song choice ( see for example, Nadia Turner). I hope this isn't the case with Taylor. I'd like to see him go deep into the top 10.

Wednesday is your chance to create a first impression and you've gotta sing your best. I hope LEVON does justice to Taylor's style and genre.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I have heard Levon many times and I think Taylor can knock it out of the park. I have no worries whatsoever.

I think Taylor will do just fine with Levon. If you want to give it a listen it is on the Madman Across the Water album. Great song, great album. True vintage Elton.

I agree he should be great with it. (You know the song, I'll bet -- just don't recognize the title.) Could be smart, doing an Elton song. It was made obvious that Elton John watches AI when he commented on possible racism.

Levon wears his war wound like a crown
    He calls his child Jesus
    `Cause he likes the name
    And he sends him to the finest school in town

Levon, Levon likes his money
    He makes a lot they say
    Spend his days counting
    In a garage by the motorway

He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas day
    When the New York Times said God is dead
    And the war's begun
    Alvin Tostig has a son today