+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Enya Windo View Post

Taylor is 6-foot-1
    Wow... I didn't realize he was so tall. For some reason, I thought he was closer to Ryan's height.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was funny. Elliott's not in there..ya think when they designed this they thought he would be out????? (Simon in the skirt is pretty darn funny tho!)
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 05-14-2006 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Remove tag
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7575/souet8zn.jpg

I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was funny. Elliott's not in there..ya think when they designed this they thought he would be out????? (Simon in the skirt is pretty darn funny tho!)
    That is funny! Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    No, I'm not clairvoyant or a market researcher - I only know that based on sales, downloads, and stats, Taylor is the most popular. As a fan of Taylor, I was simply delivering a cocky statement in response to Mike's comment that Taylor the bar/hotel/wedding singer will not win. You didn't need to take it so literally - I was simply poking fun back at Mike.
    I guess I took it so literally because it was such a strong statement and seemed to leave no room for argument. It was that "Taylor's "followers" will still be around when all other contestants fans move on".

No doubt there are many others who feel that once AI is over they will never have to hear him again.
    I'm not one of them, because I like Taylor just fine, but not as well as a couple of the others. Elliott is still my favorite but I can't foresee what his future holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I guess I took it so literally because it was such a strong statement and seemed to leave no room for argument. It was that "Taylor's "followers" will still be around when all other contestants fans move on".

No doubt there are many others who feel that once AI is over they will never have to hear him again.
    I'm not one of them, because I like Taylor just fine, but not as well as a couple of the others. Elliott is still my favorite but I can't foresee what his future holds.
    Yes, it was a strong statement - in direct proportion to the claim I was responding to - that's what made saying it so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by delia88 View Post
    I really wish they would do this. If they would go to one vote per phone, they could pimp 'til the cows come home and it wouldn't bother me. And I think the one vote per phone scenario would also cut back on a lot of the vicious backbiting amongst fanbases.

Of course, they never will ....how else would they and their partners in crime, Cingular, make millions off people buying Go phones, buying texting packages and racking up hundreds of 10-cent-each text messages?
    So true...

I might like a total of five votes per phone, or something like that. A lot of households may have more than one fan, of more than one contestant, so the one vote thing wouldn't be fair to them. It's the voters who are able to vote literally hundreds of times in one night that I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I might like a total of five votes per phone, or something like that. A lot of households may have more than one fan, of more than one contestant, so the one vote thing wouldn't be fair to them. It's the voters who are able to vote literally hundreds of times in one night that I disagree with.
    I would be happy with 10 votes per phone line. But the real purpose of this show is not to find the best singer to be American Idol, or even the most popular. The purpose is to make money, and they're doing that just fine, so there's no real incentive to change.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Is this our next American Idol??? too funny....I also have this same sick twisted sense of humor so I might be the only one who finds the humor in this

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks for the great pics, bbnbama! Crazy as that picture is, that's the Taylor we all love!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM