+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

FORT Regular
    The E Train has grown as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    The E Train has grown as well.
    I agree - I adore Elliott - so much that I vote for him almost as much as I vote for Taylor. If there is a Taylor/Elliott finale this will be the best AI season for me because both men deserve to win in my book.

Also, I am confident Taylor will have great success in his singing career regardless of the outcome at this point. Because of that, I am very content. The only thing bothering me is the backlash from Chris fans who allowed the media to manipulate them into believing Chris had this thing in the bag. Like I said in the Chris thread, tough lesson for them to learn.

FORT Regular
    You can watch videos and see pictures of Taylor's visit to Birmingham on the local fox website. http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/

Announced tonight on Fox6 news in Birmingham:

Randy Jackson has chosen "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker for Taylor's judges choice.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe View Post
    Announced tonight on Fox6 news in Birmingham:

Randy Jackson has chosen "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker for Taylor's judges choice.
    What happened to "Desperado?" That was supposed to be Simon's choice for him according to the song choice thread.

BTW, Taylor fans, check out the graycharles website. There is a great article from True North who talked to Taylor on stage on this past Tuesday when giving him a gift and a hug.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    What happened to "Desperado?" That was supposed to be Simon's choice for him according to the song choice thread.
    Yeah, that's what I heard, but it seems to have changed. I'm giving up on the spoilers (except for Paula's choice for Elliott) until Monday. They seem to be carved in stone by then.

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I also think that for the second time ... Taylor was USED by the producers. I believe it was simply a device to create some suspense. Remember, the pre-show hype was that the results would be a "shocker". ... Many, many people, were looking at the clock, and thinking that since Taylor was singing and there was little time left, Taylor was going to be the shocking eliminee via some twisted comment by Ryan. As said ... the side-picking was a device and the request for reprise of JHR was a device ... and Taylor was USED for both. Each of these things got people talking and watching.

I'm really leaning towards thinking they want to sabotage him rather than help him win.
    I have no doubt that earlier antics were supposed to be sabotage. Like making Taylor choose sides and then Nigel instructing him, during the commercial break, to do the fake handshake to Chris and then join the other group (and not telling the home audience it was choreographed).

On results night they ALL know they may be asked to sing again, especially this late in the game. I was getting worried too that the song reprise was a setup for telling Taylor he was going home or at least in the bottom two.

TPTB, especially Simon, initially did not see Taylor going this far or want him to. When it was clear he had a strong fan following, they as long as he stayed he'd bring viewers and votes, but I think they wanted Chris or Ace to win. Simon probably started out with visions of Kellie, Katharine, or even Paris, Lisa, David, or Will as possible winners if his 1st 2 choices didn't pan out.
    As those options faded, I think Chris really did become The Chosen One, with Katharine their backup choice. (Hey if Simon Fuller can market the Spice Girls, he can surely market the lovely Miss McPhee.)

They just may have shot themselves in the foot by making people take Chris's safety for granted. Now they are praying that Taylor will be the next 'star' to follow in the footsteps of Tamyra, LaToya, Constantine, and Chris and not make the final two. Or at least to follow Clay in being the frontrunner who got edged out in the finale.

So now hype Taylor (starting with the Rebecca R. thing). Next week have the judges tell him he's a shoo-in for the finals. Keep bashing Katharine more than she deserves and marvel how much better Elliott is than he was at the beginning. (I personally think his Moody's Mood For Love during the semifinals was one of his 2 best performances.)

Hope only the most devoted of Taylor's fans will think it's necessary to dial like crazy for the whole 2 (3) hours. Others will be more inclined to throw votes to the attacked damsel and the "underdog." But Katharine probably has more devoted fans and more teen fans than Elliott and in the endwe will have our 4th female Idol.

I think that's their "Plan B."

Yeah let's see if we can foil it!

FORT Regular
    Don't agree at all.AI is going to get their White male this year regardless.Katherine doesn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    MsFroggy ...he is contractually obligated to do their bidding. They all are.

I don't think any one of them envied him the chore of picking sides.

Having him reprise Jailhouse Rock on a evening that some people's favorite was leaving was not an effort to do him a favor.

Think about it. After the "request", Ryan hollered " Nigel, do we have enough time for this ?"
    Nigel answered yes not Taylor and Nigel decided there was time to fill Rebecca's request not Taylor.

Calling all this pimping proves the point. If folks are going to call this "pimping" ... well then let's just remember that the pimps OWN their chattels and the chattels have little if any control.

As said, these events get people like you to resent Taylor ... which may be their mission.
    Everyone knows about the contracts, nothing new there. Nowhere did I say that he was not required to sing. However this was not an impromptu thing, despite that little banter between Ryan and that other guy. I've watched enough reality TV to know that stuff like a performance is always scripted. Nobody sings out of the blue, or is told "Maybe you'll sing if Rebecca picks you".

It was not a favor, no. It was what we call around here "pimping" and it's a double edged sword. It's pushing a person, positioning a person for a certain advantage. What I said is that with Chris gone, I see TPTB needing to establish a new frontrunner firmly and that I see Taylor as malleable, as in eagerly wanting to be in the frontrunner position that they are placing him in, for lack of a better word. I don't think he'll make too many waves in the future either.
    Or maybe TPTB are trying to ensure a backlash. Either way he's being "pimped".
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM