+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I guess his apparent older looks could work against him with some people. On the other hand, that may be outweighed by the benefit of looking different from the rest of the folks on the stage. One of the tasks of any contestant is to distinguish himself from the others musically--and visually. So physical attributes that were supposed to work against people, like Ruben's weight or Clay's nerdiness, helped them in the end, I believe.

And another note on Taylor's hair--a turnoff for some, maybe, but I'm one of those who has always found gray hair on a younger man pretty sexy. [I even married one ].
    I'm amazed by the amount of people who are calling Taylor "old" or he should "dye his hair" or he'll NEVER make it.

Maybe this slouch should have taken the same suggestions. I hear that his career "tanked" because people thought his gray hair made him too old, too.

LONG LIVE GRAY-HAIRED MEN & WOMEN!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I am definitely a lover of gray hair on young men, old men, young women, old women....I'm in complete agreement that Taylor's gray hair helps to make him stand out and I hope he doesn't color it when he gets (hopefully) into the Top 12...I would be OK with the stylist shaping up his haircut but please oh please don't color it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I totally screwed up the quoting thing, so Im not even going to try lol. Replying to lambkins about Taylors fanbase spanning the generations..all in good fun lol.

we claymates span generations too lol, the younger ones just arent as prominent in the Clay fan base, but believe you me theyre there haha. Im only 23, Clay has more younger fans now then he did at the begining. At the begining I was more outnumbered in age then I am now...

I think it may be a given that they will die Taylor's hair, or at least try to. Maybe they wont...what do I know lol. I just cant wait to hear him try to sing different genre's cause if he pulls it off then he will be made.
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 02-19-2006 at 02:00 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I am definitely a lover of gray hair on young men, old men, young women, old women....I'm in complete agreement that Taylor's gray hair helps to make him stand out and I hope he doesn't color it when he gets (hopefully) into the Top 12...I would be OK with the stylist shaping up his haircut but please oh please don't color it!
    Gotta agree - as much as I love the color, the bowlhaircut could use some stylin'

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Add Anderson Cooper to that list!

I'm firmly on the Taylor love train. He is a breath of fresh air. Whether he goes far or not, his career is definitely on track now!
    Last edited by fluff; 02-23-2006 at 05:15 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Add Anderson Cooper to that list!

I'm firmly on the Taylor love train. He is a breath of fresh air. Whether he goes far or not, his career is definitely on track now!
    OMG...I Anderson..............yep, Taylor is definitely in some good company.......!
    Last edited by fluff; 02-23-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Victrola View Post
    Gotta agree - as much as I love the color, the bowlhaircut could use some stylin'

Yeah, they'll probably be able to persuade him to update the bowl hair cut--maybe a little spike--or least more sophisticated layering.

I am sure the stylists are chomping at the bit thinking about re-doing Mr. Hicks.

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I like that song a lot too!

Anyone else who is interested can listen to it and 2 other songs here - >
    http://www.wbhm.org/Tapestry/bands/TaylorHicks.html
    Thank you for the link Mia. I loved all 3 songs and he wrote all 3 of them.
    They are not demos actually. Taylor had a CD out which you could buy on line or at his gigs before he auditioned for Idol.

I think they probably made him stop selling the album until Idol is over or he gets cut. It's called Under The Radar.

Hi Enya. If you look up thread, you can see that his CD is available for sale now, from here.

http://www.lasersedgecd.com/top_sellers.html

(and off-topic, now I see what you're doing now that there's no NIM to look at )
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM