+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I don't see the problem.

Taylor sang great on both songs. Elliott sang great on both songs.

Kat blew it for both songs and Chris flopped in his second.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    The fact that Taylor is a yes man, has no bearing on the fact that Chris didn't finish his song.
    And I'm sure Chris would have REFUSED if the producers had told him "Listen, during the show, when Rebecca Romijn asks you to reprise "Suspicious Minds", act surprised then stammer, ok..."

Melissa, Kevin, Mandisa, Ace and Lisa didn't finish their songs.

Kellie couldn't sing her final song because she was giving a thank you speech.

Bucky and everyone else in the bottom 3 that night sang individual songs before Bucky was kicked off.

My conclusion? Whether a contestant finishes their final song depends on how much airtime the show has left -- which is very little nearing the end of the show. Ryan has to rush them off the show sometimes.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety View Post
    Melissa, Kevin, Mandisa, Ace and Lisa didn't finish their songs.

Kellie couldn't sing her final song because she was giving a thank you speech.

Bucky and everyone else in the bottom 3 that night sang individual songs before Bucky was kicked off.

My conclusion? Whether a contestant finishes their final song depends on how much airtime the show has left -- which is very little nearing the end of the show. Ryan has to rush them off the show sometimes.
    Which is what I've been trying to say in at least two posts now.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    It has certainly seemed that way to me.

We'll just have to make sure their tactics don't work
    You betcha'. My fingers are already itching in anticipation of next week. !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    The producers are now pimping him beyond what I consider digestible at this stage of the competition. It makes me resent Taylor, and I imagine that little thing called backlash will follow eventually. It's practically a law of nature.
    MsFroggy ...he is contractually obligated to do their bidding. They all are.

I don't think any one of them envied him the chore of picking sides.

Having him reprise Jailhouse Rock on a evening that some people's favorite was leaving was not an effort to do him a favor.

Think about it. After the "request", Ryan hollered " Nigel, do we have enough time for this ?"
    Nigel answered yes not Taylor and Nigel decided there was time to fill Rebecca's request not Taylor.

Calling all this pimping proves the point. If folks are going to call this "pimping" ... well then let's just remember that the pimps OWN their chattels and the chattels have little if any control.

As said, these events get people like you to resent Taylor ... which may be their mission.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    As said, these events get people like you to resent Taylor ... which may be their mission.
    I think that they only do this to stir up more controversy. That is why I can't stand, but also love AI. I have never seen it as the contestants' faults. It has always been and will remain the fault of TPTB. Taylor has had the misfortune of being their "go-to" guys at some crucial moments. The question is, are they doing it to get him votes or lose him votes?

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I think that they only do this to stir up more controversy. That is why I can't stand, but also love AI. I have never seen it as the contestants' faults. It has always been and will remain the fault of TPTB. Taylor has had the misfortune of being their "go-to" guys at some crucial moments. The question is, are they doing it to get him votes or lose him votes?

Why would anyone resent Taylor because someone in the audience asked him to sing? Good grief, is that his fault? If I had been there, I would have asked him to sing too! Like I said before, he was very gracious and granted the request. Just imagine the controversy if he would have said 'no, I don't wish to sing'. The contestants on American Idol please the public no matter what they do. Just give the guy a break, he's just a happy-go-lucky guy trying to get a break in life like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    Why would anyone resent Taylor because someone in the audience asked him to sing? Good grief, is that his fault? If I had been there, I would have asked him to sing too! Like I said before, he was very gracious and granted the request. Just imagine the controversy if he would have said 'no, I don't wish to sing'. The contestants on American Idol please the public no matter what they do. Just give the guy a break, he's just a happy-go-lucky guy trying to get a break in life like the rest of us.
    I think it is because some people fall for the machinations of the AI producers and forget that most of the show is scripted and to just sit back and enjoy the performances. Too much time is spent analyzing the behavior in between. Vote for the performer you like, period. Ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I think it is because some people fall for the machinations of the AI producers and forget that most of the show is scripted and to just sit back and enjoy the performances. Too much time is spent analyzing the behavior in between. Vote for the performer you like, period. Ignore the rest.

I second that!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM