+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I find it very amusing that so many fall for the producers' clever ploys. Now Taylor gets the blame for something positive that he had no control over. When his songs were taken away last minute and he was told to fakeout Chris with a handshake on a results show a few weeks ago, people were singing a different tune. But that's how it is - I just wish more people who dislike Taylor would give him the credit he deserves for coming this far, dealing with all of the pressure, stress, put-downs, and keeping his chin up. I don't care for Kat, and I never cared for Kellie and Paris, but I totally respect them. It takes a lot of guts and strength to do what they have done and accomplish everything they have thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    He peformed much better than she did which is why he wasn't in the bottom 2 and she was.
    He did perform better than Kat, but only because she forgot the lyrics. She has much more vocal talent and range than Taylor. The reason Taylor wasn't in the bottom 2 is because his fans will vote for him regardless of how he performs. His performances are meaningless in the amount of votes he receives from his fans. They will vote for him no matter what.

I have a question that been bugging me.. What does TPTB stand for? I forget.. thanks.. Soul Patrol still alive!!

Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    The reason Taylor wasn't in the bottom 2 is because his fans will vote for him regardless of how he performs. His performances are meaningless in the amount of votes he receives from his fans. They will vote for him no matter what.
    Yes, and they'll probably buy his music no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    I have a question that been bugging me.. What does TPTB stand for? I forget.. thanks.. Soul Patrol still alive!!
    Draven, TPTB stands for The Powers That Be.

I was thrilled when Taylor performed JHR again Wed--and so was he. Sure the producers staged it (tho I suspect Taylor didn't know about it in advance). I don't think it was unfair to Chris, but it was unfair to Elliott and Katherine--who are still competing. Nevertheless, I'll take the Taylor Show over anyone else anytime.

As I've said many times in the FORT, the producers have adored Taylor as much as the audience since the beginning, but they have made things hard for Taylor (such as changing his songs at the last minute and prompting Randy to be uncharacteristically blase about some of Taylor's best funk performances) to help the other contestants compete against him. They've wanted it to look like there has been a contest.

Now that the "contest" is virtually over, they are heavily promoting the guy who won the contest weeks ago with "Taking It to the Streets."

And regarding the previous reference to Ruben, I hope Taylor reaches the double-platinum sales Ruben had for his first CD. I think it's possible.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-11-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    He did perform better than Kat, but only because she forgot the lyrics. She has much more vocal talent and range than Taylor. The reason Taylor wasn't in the bottom 2 is because his fans will vote for him regardless of how he performs. His performances are meaningless in the amount of votes he receives from his fans. They will vote for him no matter what.
    Well, maybe, but you could turn that right around and apply it to Katharine as well. She's had 2 bad weeks, 3 weak performances out of 4, and her fans have kept her in the competition. So what? It happens. That's why we're called fans, no matter who we choose to vote for.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Regular
    Two words that best describes Taylor OLD FASHIONED.I just can't imagine seeing Taylor on MTV or VH1.

Draven, TPTB stands for The Powers That Be.
    Thanks.. sorry about ur boy Chris.. but not that sorry though.. my boy Taylor still in..

Actually, the same things have been noted about Kat's and Chris's fans. No matter how they do--Kat's frequent off-tune screeching and Chris's deadening slow songs--their fans have voted for them.

Too bad about Kat--pretty voice with no control and little sense of the meaning of songs. Taylor's range is terrific, his tone is beautiful, his pitch is usually flawless and his emotional phrasing is deep.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-11-2006 at 05:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM