+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

FORT Regular
    Taylor got to sing another song while Chris got cut off.This is just not right.Watch this backfires against Taylor in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Taylor got to sing another song while Chris got cut off.This is just not right.Watch this backfires against Taylor in the end.
    See, Miss Supermodel over there had a movie to promote, AI had a spastic Steve Martin to push and make sure he's now the official favorite in people's minds and since Chris was leaving anyway, they weren't about to waste good airtime on the loser.

They will now pimp the most likely winner to as many people as possible as many times as possible, because you know they are thinkig forward to the time when Taylor will be releasing his first AI made, cheese-pop coaster and they'll need every warm body with $16.99 in their pocket to buy it.

Don't feel bad for Chris! At least he won't have to sing that sure to be awful finale song. Now that would have killed his rock edge like nothing else could! He's better off.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I don't imagine that it will backfire because the people who like Taylor are probably just pleased to have seen him perform again. Like you though, I didn't think that it was fair. I didn't think that it was fair when Kellie's fans didn't get to hear her final song, and I feel the same about Chris. I just think that we're all looking forward to hearing our favorites for what may be the last time, for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I don't imagine that it will backfire because the people who like Taylor are probably just pleased to have seen him perform again. Like you though, I didn't think that it was fair. I didn't think that it was fair when Kellie's fans didn't get to hear her final song, and I feel the same about Chris. I just think that we're all looking forward to hearing our favorites for what may be the last time, for a long time.

Taylor didn't ask to sing, it was a request. And he was great. But don't blame it on him, what was he supposed to do, say "no, I don't want to sing"?

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    Taylor didn't ask to sing, it was a request. And he was great. But don't blame it on him, what was he supposed to do, say "no, I don't want to sing"?

Exactly! Come on does anyone really think they choose alot that goes up on stage??? Like the whole Taylor go to the top group??
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This little thing seems to be happening to him though, now for the second time. "Oh, it wasn't his fault that he was chosen to pick sides!" and now it's "It wasn't his idea to sing." It may not have been but the "request" was staged and Taylor probably knew about it, the band knew about it and the show set aside 2 minutes of airtime for his performance ahead of time. Just like the picking sides thing, that was also planned ahead. Taylor might have added his own "flavor" to it but nothing is spontaneous on this show. It's all carefully choreographed.

Rebecca Romjin could have asked to see Kat sing... but she didn't. They could have asked Elliott to pick sides... but they didn't. It always seems to "happen to" Taylor.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Let's not forget the conveniently-placed microphone that Taylor just happened to pick up at that random spot in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    This little thing seems to be happening to him though, now for the second time. "Oh, it wasn't his fault that he was chosen to pick sides!" and now it's "It wasn't his idea to sing." It may not have been but the "request" was staged and Taylor probably knew about it, the band knew about it and the show set aside 2 minutes of airtime for his performance ahead of time. Just like the picking sides thing, that was also planned ahead. Taylor might have added his own "flavor" to it but nothing is spontaneous on this show. It's all carefully choreographed.

Rebecca Romjin could have asked to see Kat sing... but she didn't. They could have asked Elliott to pick sides... but they didn't. It always seems to "happen to" Taylor.

I don't think they told Rebecca to ask to hear Taylor sing. And what to you mean it always 'happens' to Taylor? Do you think Taylor says "I want to sing during the show" or "I want to pick sides"?
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 05-11-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post

It wasn't Taylor's fault, they're going to ask the person who entertained the audience the most and that way Taylor. He sang JHR. Why would they ask Kat? She didn't perform or dance well.

I don't think they told Rebecca to ask to hear Taylor sing. And what to you mean it always 'happens' to Taylor? Do you think Taylor says "I want to sing during the show" or "I want to pick sides"?
    Thank you, your common sense is kicking in here.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 05-11-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Remove deleted quote

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM