+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    Well, to be singled out by Rebecca Romijn to perform an encore is pretty special. Thanks for rising to the occasion, Taylor, and giving me a good laugh. You looked like you were having the time of your life and I was thoroughly entertained.
    Can we all say set up?? Also, Rebecca Romign is a C level star at best. There are no Oscars in her future. I guess the powers that be want to turn American Idol into a laugh fest. Taylor is a complete joke. He is beyond ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that America is making fun of him and that they are keeping him in to laugh at his fat body trying to move.

That's pretty cold, Pharoah. I don't consider him a joke at all, and neither do the rest of his fans. In the same way you support your favorite for whatever reasons you have, we support Taylor in the same way for our own reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Can we all say set up?? Also, Rebecca Romign is a C level star at best. There are no Oscars in her future. I guess the powers that be want to turn American Idol into a laugh fest. Taylor is a complete joke. He is beyond ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that America is making fun of him and that they are keeping him in to laugh at his fat body trying to move.
    Wow ! Taylor becomes the target of the wrath of those who have lost their favorite(s).

Taylor isn't exactly fat. I would mention who of past and current idol finalists and winners were overweight and/or had what some might call physical imperfections ... but malice isn't my thing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Wow ! Taylor becomes the target of the wrath of those who have lost their favorite(s).

Taylor isn't exactly fat. I would mention who of past and current idol finalists and winners were overweight and/or had what some might call physical imperfections ... but malice isn't my thing.

I think Taylor has been the target of that particular poster's wrath since day 1

FORT Regular
    I hate to burst your bubble but Taylor will not win in the end.Simon wo'nt let it happen.Elliott will mop the floor with Taylor if those 2 make the finals.Everyone knows this.Taylor is the weakest vocalist of the remaining 3.If he wins this season would be a complete disaster.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Taylor has my complete support now that my other favorite is out of the competition! Wooo! Soul Patrol!!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I don't think that Taylor winning would be a disaster. He isn't my favorite, but if he wins he is obviously the favorite of many others.

I'm not sure why Simon would not let him win.

Elliott is my favorite but I doubt that anyone is going to do any mopping of anyone else now. They are both good and appeal to different groups.

FORT Regular
    Elliott has a more mainstream appeal IMO.

FORT Fanatic

Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but Taylor will not win in the end.Simon wo'nt let it happen.Elliott will mop the floor with Taylor if those 2 make the finals.Everyone knows this.Taylor is the weakest vocalist of the remaining 3.If he wins this season would be a complete disaster.
    I really like Elliott - I do. But can you say boring. Both his Elvis songs sounded the same to me. He really has no appeal at all - except that yes he can sing. But he needs the package which he does not have IT. Taylor has IT in spades.

I agree that the Rebecca Romjin thing was staged. The main reason why I did not like it was it took away from the person going home. If this had been a practice all season where a celebrity guest got to pick an encore performance, then fine. But this was too obviously set up to give Taylor more TV time.

I am not a Taylor fan, heck I am not an anyone fan this season. I just love the show. I just wish (!) that AI were a little less obvious sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM